AD 140TC FOOT SWITCH????????

Orange Amps Technical Q&A's

Moderator: bclaire

BLACK LAMB

Post by BLACK LAMB » Tue Aug 06, 2002 7:30 am

<font face='Tahoma'></font id='Tahoma'>
Hi All! I just got my AD140TC and I could'nt be happier! BUT<u></u><b></b> the foot switch jack does not seem to work. I have tried every switch I own even the switch from a Mesa Boogie Dual Recto but no luck. Does the AD140TC require a special footswitch??? I have a gig on Thursday! Any help is apriciated!!!

www.blacklambrocks.com
RAM A LAMMA FA FA FA
www.blacklambrocks.com
RAM A LAMMA FA FA FA

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Wed Aug 07, 2002 5:45 am

It's an on-off type switch not a momentary switch. An echoplex switch would work- so would a Peavey replacement on-off switch. I had an old Scholz Rockman footswitch kicking around which is wonderful since it has an LED indicator when it's on. If you could find one of those, you'll be stylin'

Billy

TREX

Post by TREX » Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:35 pm

Greetings. I purchased an AD140TC about a month ago. I contacted Orange about the footswitch and they said dealers would be receiving them and they would be available for purchase in about a month (3 weeks ago). My dealer in Phoenix has been back ordered on several Orange items (amps, T shirts, etc.)and they didn't seem to know when to expect the footswitches from Orange.

I think the amp is great, but it is a bit frustrating to make do without the footswitch. I am sure another switch may work, but Orange should be trying to get these out to the customers ASAP. Other than that, the amp sounds awesome. Great with the 4x12 Orange cabinet! Anyone else having any luck?

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Sat Aug 10, 2002 11:08 pm

You can wait all you want for a footswitch from Orange but you may not like it when you get it. If I were you, I'd go looking for another manufacturer's footswitch- and really, I can't say it loud enough, if you can find a Scholz footswitch, you won't be disappointed! They're scarce but built like a tank- use a standard guitar cable so any length is possible AND easily replacable at a moments notice- and have an LED that indicates when the channel is switched. Plus, the two 'C' batteries that it takes last for years! Actually, if Orange was smart, they'd do a knockoff of the Scholz footswitch and have you get your own cable..... Billy

messner

Post by messner » Mon Aug 12, 2002 4:48 am

I've has excellent results with the Boss FS-5L

gearnut
Tiny Terror

Post by gearnut » Mon Aug 12, 2002 2:42 pm

I've been using my old Roland footswitch from a blues cube. Personally, I think anybody who has bought one of the new twin channel heads should get a freakin free footswitch. I don't expect to see those anytime soon either...they've been saying they were coming forever now.

BLACK LAMB

Post by BLACK LAMB » Tue Aug 13, 2002 3:52 am

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>It's an on-off type switch not a momentary switch. An echoplex switch would work- so would a Peavey replacement on-off switch. <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

PEAVEY?????? ouch! That makes me cringe! But I'll give it a try!

www.blacklambrocks.com
RAM A LAMMA FA FA FA
www.blacklambrocks.com
RAM A LAMMA FA FA FA

gearnut
Tiny Terror

Post by gearnut » Mon Sep 09, 2002 1:55 pm

Bon (the mod) posted in the a thread in the community section that the footswitches should be available in october.