OR120 Schematics etc

Orange Amps Technical Q&A's

Moderator: bclaire

CrustyCakes

Post by CrustyCakes » Thu May 06, 2004 1:56 am

I've got an Orange Overdrive OR120 (ser # 854) sitting on my bench. It came in not sounding nearly as loud as it should. It also blows the B+ fuse after about 30 minutes of rocking. The bias is turned all the way down, and if it is increased to 50% the amp get's noisy. At 75% the B+ fuse blows. I am replacing the power supply capacitors, since one of them reeds 300VDC to the shell. I discovered that the hard way.

At any rate.... the schematic at http://tdsl.duncanamps.com/schematics2.php?make=Orange is for a Graphic MK II, and it appears to be pretty much the same schematic as the OR120. Yes/No?

Anybody have an actual schematic for the OR120?

Is there any such thang as replacement transformers available in the event something worse has happened?

What about actual service manuals?

Thanks!

CrustyCakes

Post by CrustyCakes » Thu May 06, 2004 5:30 am

Closer inspection say close but no cigar on the match up. I really need to find a schematic for the OR120.

fiveightandten
Orange Master

Post by fiveightandten » Wed May 26, 2004 1:41 am

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
I've got an Orange Overdrive OR120 (ser # 854) sitting on my bench. It came in not sounding nearly as loud as it should. It also blows the B+ fuse after about 30 minutes of rocking. The bias is turned all the way down, and if it is increased to 50% the amp get's noisy. At 75% the B+ fuse blows. I am replacing the power supply capacitors, since one of them reeds 300VDC to the shell. I discovered that the hard way.

At any rate.... the schematic at http://tdsl.duncanamps.com/schematics2.php?make=Orange is for a Graphic MK II, and it appears to be pretty much the same schematic as the OR120. Yes/No?

Anybody have an actual schematic for the OR120?

Is there any such thang as replacement transformers available in the event something worse has happened?

What about actual service manuals?

Thanks!

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

The Orange amp field guide should have all the schematics you need...

http://users.pandora.be/geertjacobs/orange_page.htm

Mercury Magnetics sells replacement trannys...but they're not cheap. www.mercurymagnetics.com

Do you have a decent steady neg voltage from the bais supply and a decent steady voltage coming into the plates and the screens? Have you tried it with different tubes?

-Nick
'71 GRO100 || '96 OR-80 || AD30 || '64 AC-50 || AC-30TBX || Hiwatt DR504 || HI-TONE HT30
LP Standard || LP Studio || LP Custom Lite || Ric 620 || Ric 360 || MIA Tele || SG 61 RI