Orange Rocker 15 - Replace Tubes

Orange Amps Technical Q&A's

Moderator: bclaire

stevemackenzie100

Orange Rocker 15 - Replace Tubes

Post by stevemackenzie100 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:35 pm

Hi, my OR15 is making a kind of hissy / fuzzy sound in both natural and dirty channels. The power tubes were last replaced a couple of years ago by an amp tech.

I'm thinking I will need to replace the tubes and have a few questions. For a total novice, is this relatively straightforward? Should I just replace the power tubes? Any recommendations on which EL84s are worth getting and where to source them would also be really useful - I'm not sure where to start!

Thanks in advance.

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Re: Orange Rocker 15 - Replace Tubes

Post by bclaire » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:38 am

stevemackenzie100 wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:35 pm
Hi, my OR15 is making a kind of hissy / fuzzy sound in both natural and dirty channels. The power tubes were last replaced a couple of years ago by an amp tech.

I'm thinking I will need to replace the tubes and have a few questions. For a total novice, is this relatively straightforward? Should I just replace the power tubes? Any recommendations on which EL84s are worth getting and where to source them would also be really useful - I'm not sure where to start!

Thanks in advance.
I just use JJ's for power tubes in my Oranges and have been very happy. You can do this yourself if you're careful to match up the pins. You don't need a tech.

stevemackenzie100

Re: Orange Rocker 15 - Replace Tubes

Post by stevemackenzie100 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:43 pm

Many thanks for your reply.