effects with tiny terror combo

Orange Amps Technical Q&A's

Moderator: bclaire

milzer

effects with tiny terror combo

Post by milzer » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:04 pm

hello all.

i have just joined up as i have recently purchased a tt combo. does anyone know if you can use footswitches alongside effects pedal board as i am not that great on the correct use of effects chains infact i am totally sh*t at it.

any suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks

jamie

grelas

Post by grelas » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:28 pm

I'm not sure...
But Tiny Terror have not an effects loop, so the effects goes through the input and then through the preamp. I hope they run nice if you plays with low gain. But increasing gain they probably get lost... :?

Mrjones2004x
Orange Master

Post by Mrjones2004x » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:53 pm

No effects loop so certain effects sound like crap when pushing some gain.

Im shifting all my effects bar the wah pedal which im gonna mod for a bypass as it stucks tone.

If your looking for a order of pedals theres many ways to do it. I use tyo run mine like this.;

Wah/Phaser______Distortions/overdrives_____Modulations (Chorus flanger ect)_______Reverbs and delays.

Most people run overdrive/distortion effects in front of the amp before the preamp

I think most people use modulation in the effects loop of an amp as they generally sound better and reverb and delay is in the fx loop always.

I dont find pedals work well with this amp so im gonna shift my pedals i got so thats bye bye to 4 pedals!!
Tone is everything

Mauro Samuel

Post by Mauro Samuel » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:38 am

I bought a TT Head and I'm sure it's not good with any modulation effects whem the amp is set with a medium or high gain. But if you use a booster (I use an OCD as booster), a JH Fuzz face and a VOX Wha with a strat you will be happy.