Who else like RHCP???

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

MarcusBlacksmith
Orange Master

Post by MarcusBlacksmith » Thu May 11, 2006 4:39 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by feider</i>
<br />Are they hard rock? I have never listened to them.:evil:
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

They 'were' alternative. Closest description would have been 'Hard Funk'...sweet-ass slap bass lines, funky guitar riffs, half-rap/half-singing, great lyrics.

These days? Alterna-pop.
She led me out to the Bikini Atoll, right to the edge of the exclusion zone, and pointed to a dandelion growing in the ashes, like a joke for the living.

'ey, Gringo. This ain't no fancypants Italian Cartel. Viva La Mehico and the Rockerverb Cartel!

Made Man: Blind Miguel

Andy H.
Duke of Orange

Post by Andy H. » Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:25 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Satanic_Versus</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Andy H.</i>
<br />Big favourite band of mine too - especially in recent years.

Thought 'Californication' was a great album then I got the next one, 'By the Way'. Knocked me out - one of the very best albums of recent years IMO! Found the songwriting and pared back playing along with great backing vocals just annoyingly addictive. I can still put it on and basically enjoy every minute of every song.

So the latest one isn't too shabby either then? Have to check it out too I guess...

Andy.

the latest one (Stadium Arcadium) is CHUCK FULL of those great annoyingly addictive backing vocals. John Frusciante is a master on the guitar and he has that backing vocal thing down to a T.

Jon
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Well, we're on the second spin through the new album bought today, and I'm impressed again. This is a band doing what they do - very well indeed.

If like Marcus you preferred them pre Californication them maybe give it a miss. If like me you think that the last two albums were both brilliantly crafted and catchy as hell then the new double indeed carries right on from there.

Disc 1 is probably the direct follow on, quite light and poppy. Sounds like a happy band, not an angry band. Nothing wrong with that when it is well done. In fact coming up with classic 'gets under the skin' type melodic rock / pop music is quite an artform in itself - not as easy as you'd think. This is quality stuff again IMO.

The second disc (on one listen so far) sounded perhaps a bit more vintage 'Peppery', but maybe not spicy enough for some. I reckon it'll last a few seasonings in the 'H.' household though! ;)

Yeah, a great band, and right bang on top form I'd say! 8)

Andy.
Only dimly aware of existence, a dimly existing awareness...

You get a wonderful view from the point of no return.

formally

Post by formally » Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:30 pm

I love this band.. but John Frusciante's solo-records are miles better. different music though, so you cant really compare it. but it's obvious frusciante is the biggest reason for them being so great, not that flea isnt an awesome musician too.

riffmonster
Orange Master

Post by riffmonster » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:26 pm

Like them alot:D

Like the new album... and am getting into it the more I listen to it.

Looking forward to seeing them in July... 8)
Mark

Norrin Radd
Duke of Orange

Post by Norrin Radd » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:51 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by MarcusBlacksmith</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by feider</i>

They 'were' alternative. Closest description would have been 'Hard Funk'...sweet-ass slap bass lines, funky guitar riffs, half-rap/half-singing, great lyrics.

These days? Alterna-pop.

Marcus is right on the money. They <i>used</i> to be a good band. They have stunk it up since Mother's Milk, IMO. I knew it was all over when they became MTV and radio darlings. Personally, all of their newer stuff gives me SED.
Greg

firebird1999us
Duke of Orange

Post by firebird1999us » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:16 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Norrin Radd</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by MarcusBlacksmith</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by feider</i>

These days? Alterna-pop.

Marcus is right on the money. They <i>used</i> to be a good band. They have stunk it up since Mother's Milk, IMO. I knew it was all over when they became MTV and radio darlings. Personally, all of their newer stuff gives me SED.

SED???

Are you sure you didn't get that from a stripper???[:p]

Chris

Norrin Radd
Duke of Orange

Post by Norrin Radd » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:55 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by firebird1999us</i>
<br />

SED???

Chris

Sorry, thought everyone knew what SED was: Suddenly Explosive Diarrhea. A whole lot worse than just having to vomit. [:p]
Greg

firebird1999us
Duke of Orange

Post by firebird1999us » Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:21 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Norrin Radd</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by firebird1999us</i>
<br />

SED???

Chris

Sorry, thought everyone knew what SED was: Suddenly Explosive Diarrhea. A whole lot worse than just having to vomit. [:p]

:D

Chris

Zack
Rocker

Post by Zack » Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:47 pm

Not to burst any bubbles, but...
http://rhripoff.ytmnd.com/

firebird1999us
Duke of Orange

Post by firebird1999us » Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:08 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Zack</i>
<br />Not to burst any bubbles, but...
http://rhripoff.ytmnd.com/

Already been covered -- who cares?;)

Chris

tony_m_1234
Orange Hero

Post by tony_m_1234 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:01 am

dfшёґєє45454З5З45єнdf$da
Last edited by tony_m_1234 on Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

frumz
Tiny Terror

Post by frumz » Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:07 pm

i really don't like stadium arcadium

it's just a bunch of popstuff with an occasional great guitar lick and or solo. But that doesnt make up for it

bassdrop
Orange Master

Post by bassdrop » Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:18 pm

As a bass player growing up in the 90's I couldn't help but be very influenced by Flea's style- I think they're a great band. However, their latest musical directions starting with parts of One Hot Minute, I just can't get down with no matter how much I want to. I think everything including Mother's Milk and Blood Sugar Sex Magic is phenomenal. I haven't yet listened to Stadium Arcadium, but the single sounds like the last few albums. It's just kinda one dimensional and tired sounding in comparison the old jams.
mmmmmm drop

Guthrie Matthews Method
http://www.guthriematthews.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Modified Fender Custom Shop Jazz, Warmoth P/J clone,
Orange AD200 MkIII, Barefaced Compact

mistyfog
Orange Hero

Post by mistyfog » Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:35 pm

Havent heard the new album, but i cant stand them as of recent times, dont know why. Mainly the music, just dosent float my boat.

tony_m_1234
Orange Hero

Post by tony_m_1234 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:50 am

dfшёґєє45454З5З45єнdf$da.
Last edited by tony_m_1234 on Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.