OT: Custom Rack Builders

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

asteroid m
Orange Hero

Post by asteroid m » Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:32 am

Hey if any of you have experience ordering ata racks from companies please give me a list of the ones you have dealt with. I'm Compiling my rig into one giant box with a switchblade for when i move to boston in may

i emailed mark at rockhard cases and am waiting for a reply

this is what i wrote:

Here is what i need. One giant case that will hold

Orange Rockerverb 100 Head

Orange 2x12 cabinet

minimum 8 rack unit space for rack gear

3 shelves for pedals that can slide out but not all the way out (just for tweaking)

1-2 shelves that can function as full sliding out pedal boards

shindigmachine
Orange Master

Post by shindigmachine » Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:45 am

WOW. that would be one nice case to fill!
Hi. I'm Brad. i play a Gibson Melody Maker RI through a...

Orange RV100H &
Mesa Lone Star 410 w/2 Celestion G10s and 2 Weber Thames 10s

pedals; Barber Tone Press, Robert Keeley BD-2, EHX Micro POG, SIB Mr. Vibromatic, Line6 Echo Park, AKAI Headrush E2, and a custom loopmaster pedal. all on a furman SPB-8.

this band is done but a new one is in the works;
myspace.com/morninggrey734

Andy H.
Duke of Orange

Post by Andy H. » Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:38 am

Why just one case? Isn't that just making things harder both for the builder and for you...? [:0]

Andy.
Only dimly aware of existence, a dimly existing awareness...

You get a wonderful view from the point of no return.

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:37 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by asteroid m</i>
<br />Hey if any of you have experience ordering ata racks from companies please give me a list of the ones you have dealt with. I'm Compiling my rig into one giant box with a switchblade for when i move to boston in may

i emailed mark at rockhard cases and am waiting for a reply

this is what i wrote:

Here is what i need. One giant case that will hold

Orange Rockerverb 100 Head

Orange 2x12 cabinet

minimum 8 rack unit space for rack gear

3 shelves for pedals that can slide out but not all the way out (just for tweaking)

1-2 shelves that can function as full sliding out pedal boards
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

No offense, man, but there isn't anyone who could lift that case when it's loaded. Unless you want a case for storage at home, that case would be pretty useless.

You really want separate road cases for each thing... something that can easily be moved etc. What happens if you get a gig where you have to fly in and backline is provided? You'd bring your pedals alone and maybe just your head... how do you do that with a big honkin' case? Plus no matter what, you'd be paying an overweight charge if you had to fly with it.

I got my cases from MacGregor in Canada- built exactly what I wanted and reasonable, too.

Billy

asteroid m
Orange Hero

Post by asteroid m » Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:29 am

yeah i wasnt definite on putting a speaker cab spot in it. ive seen people get them with all their rack stuff and their heads in it though

im getting a switchblade and more than anything want to organize all my pedals and rack equipment into one area. it would be nice to have the pedal board id need on the ground able to be pulled out of some chassis as well as stored there rather than in a seperate case.

i was thinking of eventually having it filled in the long run. right now id only need 4 rack spaces possibly 1-2 shelves and one pedal board space

what i obviously wasnt thinking about was the weight, thinking wheels could do everything. in retrospect i remember tons of places on tours where they didnt

shindigmachine
Orange Master

Post by shindigmachine » Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:42 am

yeah but those guys are the ones that have freaking semis hauling their gear. a case like that would waste alot of storage space in a more... civilian vehicle. :x

my band uses my truck for taking our gear to gigs. i can fit a drumset with hardware and cymbals, three guitars in hard cases, a cello, a bass combo, two guitar heads, a 212 cab and a 410 cab, and my pedalboard. with room to spare. in THIS;

as a great punk band once said; "it's what you do with it" ;)

Orange RV100H &

pedals; Barber Tone Press, Robert Keeley BD-2, EHX Micro POG, SIB Mr. Vibromatic, Line6 Echo Park, AKAI Headrush E2, and a custom loopmaster pedal. all on a furman SPB-8.

mistyfog
Orange Hero

Post by mistyfog » Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:02 am

I manage to transport all my gear around in this;

shindigmachine
Orange Master

Post by shindigmachine » Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:06 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mistyfog</i>
<br />I manage to transport all my gear around in this;

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

do you find that you always load your equipment up a certain way? since i got my orange and sold the deville, i've had to rearrange everything when we gig. and it has to be pretty specific, or you could waste alot of space.

Orange RV100H &