My AD140B Came Today!

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

tylermadden
Rocker

Post by tylermadden » Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:49 am

I just got done taking it for an unfortunately quick test drive. I was pleasantly surprised by how loud it did get, and also by how warm and round it was. For whatever reason, I was expecting it to be really gritty, and a lot brighter than it is. The bad news though, is that I am almost certainly going to have to get a different bass, because its quite obvious that my ibanez roadstar with an emg in it is just not going to cut it...I think I need to get a jazz bass so it will cut through a little bit. Thanks for listening to me rant on about this, and an extra special thanks to our ex-village idiot for making it all happen.
Tyler
C'est Fame

ceddyluv82
Orange Master

Post by ceddyluv82 » Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:47 am

So you are happy and everything bro? It came nice and stuff???

<b><font size="1">EX-Resident village idiot</font id="size1"></b>

tylermadden
Rocker

Post by tylermadden » Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:00 pm

It came totally nice...packed well. You did neglect to send a power cable, but I have more than enough of those, so, its actually probably better you didn't. That thing is a beauty, and its time to get a roadcase for her.
Tyler
C'est Fame

bassdrop
Orange Master

Post by bassdrop » Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:05 pm

I bet that Roadstar would sound fine if you bypassed the inferior preamp they install in those. Most likely you can't even hear what the pickup actually sounds like.
mmmmmm drop

Guthrie Matthews Method
http://www.guthriematthews.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Modified Fender Custom Shop Jazz, Warmoth P/J clone,
Orange AD200 MkIII, Barefaced Compact

tylermadden
Rocker

Post by tylermadden » Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:10 pm

I didn't think it had a preamp in it. I was under the impression that it was a passive emg. I might have to look into it.
Tyler
C'est Fame

ceddyluv82
Orange Master

Post by ceddyluv82 » Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:14 am

Bro I am so sorry I completly forgot omg.... I will send you the cable out on Monday.. wow I feel embarrassed lol.

firebird1999us
Duke of Orange

Post by firebird1999us » Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:08 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ceddyluv82</i>
<br />Bro I am so sorry I completly forgot omg.... I will send you the cable out on Monday.. wow I feel embarrassed lol.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

You forgot to send me a suitcase full of hundred dollar bills to.;)

Chris

customandrew
Orange Master

Post by customandrew » Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:05 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by firebird1999us</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ceddyluv82</i>
<br />Bro I am so sorry I completly forgot omg.... I will send you the cable out on Monday.. wow I feel embarrassed lol.

You forgot to send me a suitcase full of hundred dollar bills to.;)

Chris

and my bentley that you have been promising
Orange Rockerverb 50h
Orange PPC212
Gibson ES-335
Fender Strato
<i>Increase The Dosage, Count Back From Ten.</i>
<i> www.myspace.com/williamandrewmusic </i>

<i> http://www.myspace.com/thegrowingrobotpopulation</i>

ceddyluv82
Orange Master

Post by ceddyluv82 » Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:25 am

Merry Christmas Chris and Andrew!![:p] Your suitcase and Bentley are on their way! Anyone else have requests??:D

feider
Lord of Orange

Post by feider » Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:42 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ceddyluv82</i>
<br />Merry Christmas Chris and Andrew!![:p] Your suitcase and Bentley are on their way! Anyone else have requests??:D
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"><hr noshade size="1">I am still waiting on my original 1959 les paul standard I loaned you.:D
My name is Scott. This is my other forum. http://bluesguitar.forumcircle.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

professor plum
Orange Master

Post by professor plum » Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:52 am

retro 50 and 77' lp artisan please:)
valve.(((J0HN)))Resident village idiot
and some tech helper type said, "Gee, Mr Atkins, that guitar sure sounds fabulous!" Chet put the guitar on it's stand and said, "Well, how does it sound now?"

tylermadden
Rocker

Post by tylermadden » Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:19 am

Dude, don't worry about the power cable, I would rather you went and saw a good movie than paid to ship something I had more than enough of. That is unless of course its some kind of crazy orange custom shop ac cable that I have never heard anything about before. Ha.
Tyler
C'est Fame

MarcusBlacksmith
Orange Master

Post by MarcusBlacksmith » Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:49 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
anyone else have requests??

More talent and more time to play:o
She led me out to the Bikini Atoll, right to the edge of the exclusion zone, and pointed to a dandelion growing in the ashes, like a joke for the living.

'ey, Gringo. This ain't no fancypants Italian Cartel. Viva La Mehico and the Rockerverb Cartel!

Made Man: Blind Miguel

ceddyluv82
Orange Master

Post by ceddyluv82 » Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:19 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by feider</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ceddyluv82</i>
<br />Merry Christmas Chris and Andrew!![:p] Your suitcase and Bentley are on their way! Anyone else have requests??:D
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"><hr noshade size="1">I am still waiting on my original 1959 les paul standard I loaned you.:D

Silly me! I thought that old thing was good for giving as a donation this holiday season! I'll send it on right back via UPS ground!!! :D

ceddyluv82
Orange Master

Post by ceddyluv82 » Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:20 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by professor plum</i>
<br />retro 50 and 77' lp artisan please:)

LOL Ceddyclause says please limit to one item!