ad30 head

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

alwaysaugust

Post by alwaysaugust » Fri Nov 14, 2003 6:02 am

I am new to the world of Orange Amps, however, a close friend has an older one. I was looking at the AD30 head. I currently play out of a Blue Voodoo head, and it drives me crazy, I am not a fan of the "metal" sound. I am wondering though, where the AD30 compares in volume?

Meole
Orange Master

Post by Meole » Sat Nov 15, 2003 6:11 pm

The AD30 is loud enough for jamming, and has no problems competing with a drummer.
Will also work great for small gigs as well, sounds great at any volume.

Zeb Chadwick

Post by Zeb Chadwick » Sun Nov 16, 2003 9:26 am

I would git the AD30tc head the two chanals give you more optionsand it cranks I run chanal 1 master full up and then bring up the gain up to where you need it its a good punchey cleen tone or run the master at 3 oclock and the gain areund 10 to 12 Oclock for a gritter sound then i ues chanal 2 for boosts or to git my crunch on great for earley james gang stuff tr4y this set master t 12to 2 Oclock gain at about 11 Oclock treb at 9 Oclock mid fullup bass full up and play Funk 49 sound s like Mr Walshes tones of his old ornges he used
good luck and let me know how it works

Night owl

Dude

Post by Dude » Sun Nov 16, 2003 3:01 pm

It doesn't matter if you play clean or crunchy, the AD30 is always loud enough. It's not a high gain head, but you will have a good sounding distortion. For me it sounds much better as all these new metal amps with never ending gain. I also play a Marshall JMP-1 with a 2x50 9000 amp which means more metal character, but with my AD30 TC Head i found the right one for warm and also funky clean sounds (i prefer channel 1) and a wonderful crunchy sound (i prefer channel 2) where you can differentiate each tone.

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Sun Nov 16, 2003 3:23 pm

I'd also like to put in a plug for the AD30TC amp. It's pretty close in price to the single channel 30 watter and the versatility of having two channels can't be beat. Billy