Any idea why Orange discontinued the AD30 head?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

billynightingale
Orange Master

Post by billynightingale » Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:30 pm

A custom classic. I wish I could afford something else, but it's the best I can do at the moment. However, I'm not that bothered by it at all. All of the custom classics I've played have actually been quite wonderful(i've played on three so far).
Bad Cat Hot Cat 30
Bad Cat 2x12

Jazzmaster, Telecaster, Stratocaster

Korg Pitchblack , MXR EVH Phase 90, Creation Audio mk 4.23 boost, Danelectro CC Fuzz, Ibanez de-7, boss cs-3, boss dc-2, Dr. Scientist Reverberator, TC Nova Delay

customandrew
Orange Master

Post by customandrew » Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:43 pm

ok anchorman is awesome
Orange Rockerverb 50h
Orange PPC212
Gibson ES-335
Fender Strato
<i>Increase The Dosage, Count Back From Ten.</i>
<i> www.myspace.com/williamandrewmusic </i>

<i> http://www.myspace.com/thegrowingrobotpopulation</i>

Andy H.
Duke of Orange

Post by Andy H. » Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:48 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by billynightingale</i>
<br />A custom classic. I wish I could afford something else, but it's the best I can do at the moment. However, I'm not that bothered by it at all. All of the custom classics I've played have actually been quite wonderful(i've played on three so far).
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">I've been hearing great things too about the sounds of those amps. 8)

Are you quite determined not to use the channel combining feature then? I'd be so tempted to myself, especially since jumpering the channels together on my head is the way I always get the most interesting sounds... ;)

Andy.
Only dimly aware of existence, a dimly existing awareness...

You get a wonderful view from the point of no return.

billynightingale
Orange Master

Post by billynightingale » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:00 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Andy H.</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by billynightingale</i>
<br />A custom classic. I wish I could afford something else, but it's the best I can do at the moment. However, I'm not that bothered by it at all. All of the custom classics I've played have actually been quite wonderful(i've played on three so far).
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">I've been hearing great things too about the sounds of those amps. 8)

Are you quite determined not to use the channel combining feature then? I'd be so tempted to myself, especially since jumpering the channels together on my head is the way I always get the most interesting sounds... ;)

Andy.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I may, I haven't decided yet. I'll have it and my orange, and a tons of effect pedals to have to figure out how to incorporate into my rig. I may just end up with two seperate rigs. I'm not sure exactly what to do yet. Let's just say once Christmas rolls along I may be absent from the forums for a few days.
Bad Cat Hot Cat 30
Bad Cat 2x12

Korg Pitchblack , MXR EVH Phase 90, Creation Audio mk 4.23 boost, Danelectro CC Fuzz, Ibanez de-7, boss cs-3, boss dc-2, Dr. Scientist Reverberator, TC Nova Delay

argosyinflames

Post by argosyinflames » Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:45 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by billynightingale</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Andy H.</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by billynightingale</i>

Andy.

I may, I haven't decided yet. I'll have it and my orange, and a tons of effect pedals to have to figure out how to incorporate into my rig. I may just end up with two seperate rigs. I'm not sure exactly what to do yet. Let's just say once Christmas rolls along I may be absent from the forums for a few days.

Wow. You must work like eight jobs!

BrianFantana
Orange Master

Post by BrianFantana » Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:58 am

Sorry Billy. I was on the wrong name when I posted. You've got some rockin' gear!!!

billynightingale
Orange Master

Post by billynightingale » Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:11 am

wait, is brianfantana also argosyinflames?
Bad Cat Hot Cat 30
Bad Cat 2x12

BrianFantana
Orange Master

Post by BrianFantana » Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:15 am

Nope. It's me. Looking forward to playing bass at your show on the 20th!!! Hint, hint!

billynightingale
Orange Master

Post by billynightingale » Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:30 am

MIKE!!! How are you doing buddy?
Bad Cat Hot Cat 30
Bad Cat 2x12

Orange Jr.
Orange Expert

Post by Orange Jr. » Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:37 am

i believe that sometimes adding an extra channel (or more) to an amp may in fact ruin the sound quality a little or a lot.for example the jcm 800,i've seen a couple of custom moded 800's around here with 2/3 channels.they were moded by marshall not some guy at a shop somewhere.when i first saw them i thought "why the hell would the owners sell these beauts?" after playing through them i found out why.having 2-3 channels is convenient because it's easier to switch as opposed to having a bunch of pedals.but what they did to those jcm's was pure stupidity.it lost that raw quality they had to them,they sounded more like ass.but i'm really proud of orange,they can take a 1 channel amp (most obvious ex. ad30) and add another channel to it and it sounds just as good :D

-mihai

Andy H.
Duke of Orange

Post by Andy H. » Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:57 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Orange Jr.</i>
<br />i believe that sometimes adding an extra channel (or more) to an amp may in fact ruin the sound quality a little or a lot.for example the jcm 800,i've seen a couple of custom moded 800's around here with 2/3 channels.they were moded by marshall not some guy at a shop somewhere.when i first saw them i thought "why the hell would the owners sell these beauts?" after playing through them i found out why.having 2-3 channels is convenient because it's easier to switch as opposed to having a bunch of pedals.but what they did to those jcm's was pure stupidity.it lost that raw quality they had to them,they sounded more like ass.but i'm really proud of orange,they can take a 1 channel amp (most obvious ex. ad30) and add another channel to it and it sounds just as good :D

-mihai
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Fair enough, I know exactly where you are coming from. Pure single channel amps (like my OR120) often give the purest tones. But in the case of my AC30 head we're not talking about a channel switching amp at all of course - it is three completely separate preamps and one power section all in the same box. And all I'm doing is putting short jumper leads between the inputs to link them all together. The way they work together is totally addictive as the three preamps have different but complimentary sounds. 8)

The twin channel Oranges sound so good BTW because the designer really knows what he is doing. Simple as that! :)

Andy.
Only dimly aware of existence, a dimly existing awareness...

You get a wonderful view from the point of no return.