Is there a way of advertising amps for sale here?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

LD50
Tiny Terror

Is there a way of advertising amps for sale here?

Post by LD50 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:33 pm

My amp buying got out of hand!

I have a '69 ORST to sell, and its clone (I've still got a tweaked clone of it and a 100 that I'm keeping).
Also a '73 OR120 (I'm keeping a pix only OR120 and my Matamp GT120).

It seems sensible to post them here first as this is where the real Orange aficionados hang out before Orange Facebook, E-bay or Reverb.

I'll wait to see what Billy says before I say any more.

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Re: Is there a way of advertising amps for sale here?

Post by Jondog » Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:50 pm

Generally the answer was always no. I can’t see it getting out of hand at this point in time however, pretty quiet on here now. But rules are rules unless they change.

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:56 pm

The short answer is, no.

This is a manufacturer's website and it is their wishes that no buying & selling goes on here. In the old days I would have edited out the info in your post but... that said, hardly anyone ever visits here anymore and you would be better off on the vintage Orange Facebook group.

LD50
Tiny Terror

Post by LD50 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:24 am

bclaire wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:56 pm
The short answer is, no.

This is a manufacturer's website and it is their wishes that no buying & selling goes on here. In the old days I would have edited out the info in your post but... that said, hardly anyone ever visits here anymore and you would be better off on the vintage Orange Facebook group.
Thank you, I have posted an initial message there and will be posting pictures on the FB page on Sunday. I'd rather they went to someone with genuine Orange interest. Some Reverb prices seem to be ridiculous (they seem to sit there for years!).