Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

bclaire
Forum Moderator

New! Orange guitar designed by Ade!

Post by bclaire » Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:41 am

https://orangeamps.com/product/custom-guitar

ORANGE CUSTOM SHOP GUITARS
This Custom Guitar was designed by Orange’s Technical Director Adrian Emsley and built by Jason Burns of Blast Cult at his workshop in London England.

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Re: New! Orange guitar designed by Ade!

Post by Jondog » Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:06 pm

bclaire wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:41 am
https://orangeamps.com/product/custom-guitar

ORANGE CUSTOM SHOP GUITARS
This Custom Guitar was designed by Orange’s Technical Director Adrian Emsley and built by Jason Burns of Blast Cult at his workshop in London England.

Looks awesome, paint job is a bit different, would like to see more options in that area.

Boy_Narf
Orange Master

Post by Boy_Narf » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:06 pm

Expensive!

groundmeat
Tiny Terror

Post by groundmeat » Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:50 pm

I like it. Slap some big ole soapbars on her and she'd be a twanger I'd consider for my next'n.

Strings over the backside of the stop bar is kinda odd though, I never do that myself. I guess with the spacing it's maybe necessary. On my Les Paul I run my stopbar up higher and string it normal. Is there any particular reason to keep the stopbar slammed low and the strings over the top?

LD50
Tiny Terror

Post by LD50 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:22 am

Is the body flat (like a tele, vs arched like a Les Paul)?

Those pickups look quite thick on a thin body so maybe you have to have the neck set quite high, thus the bridge and dropping the strings into the stop tail might make them too low???

A few people swear by that method although I tried it a while back and can't even remember why I did not like it!!

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:22 pm

groundmeat wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:50 pm
Strings over the backside of the stop bar is kinda odd though, I never do that myself. I guess with the spacing it's maybe necessary. On my Les Paul I run my stopbar up higher and string it normal. Is there any particular reason to keep the stopbar slammed low and the strings over the top?
I have some friends that swear by this method on their LP's. Softer angle. I dunno - I tried it once and I didn't feel any difference...

groundmeat
Tiny Terror

Post by groundmeat » Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:55 am

bclaire wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:22 pm
groundmeat wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:50 pm
I have some friends that swear by this method on their LP's. Softer angle. I dunno - I tried it once and I didn't feel any difference...
We're back! Been a while. I tried to stop by once or twice last year but the boards couldn't be reached. I figured the board got shut down ALL THE WAY down for good.

I try to keep the angle the same as from the fretboard over the nut. Think I saw a StewMac Les Paul setup video once that recommended that. But yeah, perhaps a softer angle doesn't bind the strings over the saddles as much, and perhaps it also prevents the winding from slipping out at the ball end. I used to have problems with the high strings coming unwound from the balls when bending after the strings were too broken in. I was using the cheapo Ernie Ball regulars. I tried a few different brands and types from Gibson and other makers, but finally came across the Ernie Ball Paradigm strings. They cost twice as much as the Ernie Ball Slinkys, but they last much longer and so far I haven't had one single unwinding again. I think I got one more pack of the pink Slinkys though, think I'm gonna try the backwards stopbar stringing with them and see what happens.