Ever take a flip onstage?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Ever take a flip onstage?

Post by bclaire » Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:14 am

I got some new guitar cables - they have that nylon textured wrap cloth around them...

DON'T use them on a tile floor and step on them - they will slide right out from under you.
Guess how I know? ha ha ha ha

bfitz
Orange Expert

Re: Ever take a flip onstage?

Post by bfitz » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:03 am

A first gig in a new venue with a band and the singer had a sore throat and stuffy head and wanted to cancel so the bar manager started plying him with hot whiskey from about 7pm to cure his ailments . Not ones to be left behind the drummer and I joined in the self medication. By 11pm things were well on their way, added to a tiny tiny stage you can imagine! :lol: :lol:
On my way towards the deck I was caught and propped back up... good things crowds!

Orange AD30
Groove Tubes Soul-O 75
Orange PPC 212 OB
Boss Nextone 40
Fender CIJ Pink Paisley Tele
Fender Classic Player Strat 50s
Yamaha SA1200s
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Jnr

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Re: Ever take a flip onstage?

Post by bclaire » Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:17 pm

I've never really fallen onstage (yet) but I definitely have come close a couple of times. We had these specially made stage extensions (that I made); one for me and one for the other guitarist; where we could step up and out off of the stage to take solos. Typically, they worked fine AFTER the first show when we lit them from underneath (I made the tops out of plexiglass/ perspex). The lights lit me from underneath and I couldn't see where the stage was - I almost missed! That was the last time we lit them from below...

I had made them for the club we used to play regularly and they were sized specifically for the height of their stage. When the club closed, none of the other places we played would fit for them. They're now repurposed as a cold frame for my herbs to winter over. My rosemary, Greek oregano and parsley have hung in there all winter despite getting down to 11°F/ -11°C!