Looks like the perfect car to move your Orange gear!

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

bfitz
Orange Expert

Re: Looks like the perfect car to move your Orange gear!

Post by bfitz » Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:15 pm

That's some sweet upholstery! You buy it???

Orange AD30
Groove Tubes Soul-O 75
Orange PPC 212 OB
Boss Nextone 40
Fender CIJ Pink Paisley Tele
Fender Classic Player Strat 50s
Yamaha SA1200s
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Jnr

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:01 am

bfitz wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:15 pm
That's some sweet upholstery! You buy it???
No, the current bid is at $25K. Too rich for my blood...

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:10 pm

Check 1,2? Sorry, I was blocked from posting yesterday. Sweet leather!

Edit: seems I’m still blocked while trying to post in the technical forum

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:02 pm

Really? That's weird!

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:50 am

bclaire wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:02 pm
Really? That's weird!
A little, I got it sorted. Had too many special characters in my post I guess, brackets, colons, hyphens etc... Never had that happen before though.

stargazer747
Tiny Terror

Post by stargazer747 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:39 pm

I think I might have that one beat...
Orange Rocker 15 Terror-EVH5150III-Hughes&Kettner-Marshall-Celestion-Jackson-Fender-Gibson-PRS-Laguna-AnalogAlien-Earthquaker-Walrus-CryBaby-MXR-BOSS-EHX-Ibanez-TCE-ZOOM-DiMarzio-ErnieBall-Tortex-Pedaltrain

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:20 pm

stargazer747 wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:39 pm
I think I might have that one beat...
Maybe.... I'd like to see how you would fit a 4X12 in there though! ha haha

stargazer747
Tiny Terror

Post by stargazer747 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:32 pm

With milk crates of computer accessories & tools I keep in the trunk as a self employed IT Computer guy, I have to place all my musical gear in the back seat when I go to jam with friends, including my Marshall 412 if I'm planning to take that cab with me. When I first got it, I was scratching my head thinking I might have been fool-hearty in buying a 412 but after looking at all the angles and with a refresher in elementary school geometry, a bit of patience, I was able to wiggle and glide it thru the doorway.

But a station wagon, SUV, or pickup truck would make things much easier, I'll grant you that!
Orange Rocker 15 Terror-EVH5150III-Hughes&Kettner-Marshall-Celestion-Jackson-Fender-Gibson-PRS-Laguna-AnalogAlien-Earthquaker-Walrus-CryBaby-MXR-BOSS-EHX-Ibanez-TCE-ZOOM-DiMarzio-ErnieBall-Tortex-Pedaltrain

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:20 am

stargazer747 wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:32 pm
With milk crates of computer accessories & tools I keep in the trunk as a self employed IT Computer guy, I have to place all my musical gear in the back seat when I go to jam with friends, including my Marshall 412 if I'm planning to take that cab with me. When I first got it, I was scratching my head thinking I might have been fool-hearty in buying a 412 but after looking at all the angles and with a refresher in elementary school geometry, a bit of patience, I was able to wiggle and glide it thru the doorway.

But a station wagon, SUV, or pickup truck would make things much easier, I'll grant you that!
Yeah, my Volvo V70 fits two 4X12's standing up!

stargazer747
Tiny Terror

Post by stargazer747 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:04 pm

That is cool but you still find a need nowadays for a full stack? Sorry, maybe I've been away from the pro side of playing guitar for far to long a time, at most I just have occasional jam out sessions with friends from time to time where a lunchbox amp head paired with a 112 cab and a modest pedalboard works perfectly. What I'm seeing at gigs as well as read online it appears that the legacy of "Arena Rock" rigs made up of full stacks (1 or more) are a thing of the past. Don't get me wrong, while I never did have a need myself for a full stack back then nor do I now, I most certainly enjoyed it back then and still do now whenever I see a band using classic rigs, maybe its nostalgic in nature, reminiscing with a genuine affection for a time long past, that "blast from the past" feeling, but it appears in todays world I am witnessing quite a lot of players doing modeling/cab sim amp systems and floorboards such as a Helix going straight into a PA board or at best an actual tube amp head paired with a 112 or maybe even a 212 cab or just using a 112 or 212 combo amp.

stargazer747
Tiny Terror

Post by stargazer747 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:31 pm

Oh, I wanted to add that even if I did have a vehicle that could easily transport full rigs like those around, I'm not sure I'd even want to. Approaching 57 this summer, I don't have the strength nor the desire to lug around large heavy gear. As stated I prefer a small rig setup consisting of an all tube lunchbox amp head, a 112 cab, a flat single row pedalboard of my 5x "bare essentials" pedals and just one guitar which is always very easy to move about. Back then in my 20s & 30s, it was second nature assisting as a guitar roadie for several friends band running all over NYC area. But today, ouch!

What's become of my white Marshall 412? Well, its now more of a conversation piece here in my home office/studio room. I do use it playing at home, however, its more like nice furniture that accents my room where all my gear huddles around it like an oracle with its disciples encircling.

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:19 pm

stargazer747 wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:31 pm
Oh, I wanted to add that even if I did have a vehicle that could easily transport full rigs like those around, I'm not sure I'd even want to. Approaching 57 this summer, I don't have the strength nor the desire to lug around large heavy gear. As stated I prefer a small rig setup consisting of an all tube lunchbox amp head, a 112 cab, a flat single row pedalboard of my 5x "bare essentials" pedals and just one guitar which is always very easy to move about. Back then in my 20s & 30s, it was second nature assisting as a guitar roadie for several friends band running all over NYC area. But today, ouch!

What's become of my white Marshall 412? Well, its now more of a conversation piece here in my home office/studio room. I do use it playing at home, however, its more like nice furniture that accents my room where all my gear huddles around it like an oracle with its disciples encircling.
Typically, I only use a single AD30TC combo for gigs and then I'm still too loud at times. For the big outdoor gigs, I bring both AD30TC's and both 4X12's. To say it sounds big would be an understatement.

And I'm 65! ha ha ha...

stargazer747
Tiny Terror

Post by stargazer747 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:08 am

Well, I applaud you sir. As for me not moving around big gear, I will confess to it more likely the results of my being very skilled at laziness and not actually age.