Passing up great gear

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Post Reply
Jondog
Duke of Orange
Posts: 7205
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:16 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Passing up great gear

Post by Jondog » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:54 pm

So, I’m moving to a different province at the end of the month and some great gear has popped up in my Reverb feed at nice prices that I would put offers on (some pedals, small amps), but because of the move I can’t trust my post office to forward it to the new address properly (bad record as it is the past 10 years) and it’s a bit soon to just have it sent to the new address. Just venting....GAS problems.... :lol: I’m also fighting myself not to buy a Tiny Terror a guy has posted locally. I’ve owned three, none currently. It’s the one amp I seem to buy, sell and regret selling. I always tell myself I can build one no problem, but it’s just so damn cool to have the real thing.
Image

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange
Posts: 6811
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:08 am
Location: Derby, England

Re: Passing up great gear

Post by Les Paul Lover » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:45 am

Where are you moving to?

Yeah, I'm GASing really bad G&L ASAT at the moment.

I've got a ASAT Special Tribute I love playing (the jumbo MFD pick ups are great through my oranges), and I keep thinking the regular size MFD in the ASAT Classic would sound great too...... or perhaps an ASAT classic bluesboy......

And there have been great deals lately, is love one!!!!

But...... I already have 5 guitars... I have all the bases well covered.....
And we've recently moved house and all the DIY needed has meant I've barely played for the last 6 months!

One of the worst best deal I've passed on...... An excellent condition pics only OR120 and PPC412 for £1100... that was around 4 years ago and still haunts me.

I rarely gig and do most of my playing at home..... I tried really hard to convince myself I needed that like a hole in the head......And still regret it.
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5


Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

Jondog
Duke of Orange
Posts: 7205
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:16 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Passing up great gear

Post by Jondog » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:03 pm

Ma famille déménage au Quebec. Ma cherie est Canadienne-Francais et apres 15 ans en Ontario, nous decidons a changer. Mon vie en Ontario c’est 39 ans. Gros change. Je parle francais en petit-peu, mais pas bon. Beaucoup practice poir moi!
Image

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange
Posts: 6811
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:08 am
Location: Derby, England

Re: Passing up great gear

Post by Les Paul Lover » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:54 pm

Jondog wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:03 pm
Ma famille déménage au Quebec. Ma cherie est Canadienne-Francais et apres 15 ans en Ontario, nous decidons a changer. Mon vie en Ontario c’est 39 ans. Gros change. Je parle francais en petit-peu, mais pas bon. Beaucoup practice poir moi!

Grand changement!!!!

I've been to Montreal and Quebec a few years back, they were such lovely places.
Good luck with the whole move.

On the plus side..... if you were to sneak in am extra amp in the boxes..... who would notice????? :wink:
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5


Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

Jondog
Duke of Orange
Posts: 7205
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:16 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Passing up great gear

Post by Jondog » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:25 pm

Les Paul Lover wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:54 pm
Jondog wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:03 pm
Ma famille déménage au Quebec. Ma cherie est Canadienne-Francais et apres 15 ans en Ontario, nous decidons a changer. Mon vie en Ontario c’est 39 ans. Gros change. Je parle francais en petit-peu, mais pas bon. Beaucoup practice poir moi!

Grand changement!!!!

I've been to Montreal and Quebec a few years back, they were such lovely places.
Good luck with the whole move.

On the plus side..... if you were to sneak in am extra amp in the boxes..... who would notice????? :wink:
Oh believe me, I’ve got a lot of stuff hidden in boxes! Stuff I wonder why I’m keeping it!! :lol: Will be about 2 hours east of Montreal, 3 hours south of Quebec city. Small town in the Eastern Townships.
Image

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange
Posts: 6811
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:08 am
Location: Derby, England

Re: Passing up great gear

Post by Les Paul Lover » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:01 am

Jondog wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:25 pm
Les Paul Lover wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:54 pm
Jondog wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:03 pm
Ma famille déménage au Quebec. Ma cherie est Canadienne-Francais et apres 15 ans en Ontario, nous decidons a changer. Mon vie en Ontario c’est 39 ans. Gros change. Je parle francais en petit-peu, mais pas bon. Beaucoup practice poir moi!

Grand changement!!!!

I've been to Montreal and Quebec a few years back, they were such lovely places.
Good luck with the whole move.

On the plus side..... if you were to sneak in am extra amp in the boxes..... who would notice????? :wink:
Oh believe me, I’ve got a lot of stuff hidden in boxes! Stuff I wonder why I’m keeping it!! :lol: Will be about 2 hours east of Montreal, 3 hours south of Quebec city. Small town in the Eastern Townships.
We've recently moved house, the vast quantities of stuff we can accumulate is incredible.

We did donate so much to local charities, hopefully will help them bounce back out of confinement.

I kept all my guitar stuff for sure though.....
One thing that really makes me sad..... is that I have about 20 or so NOS valves in storage at the moment.... my prized possessions... I haven't needed one, but I hate knowing they're in storage!!!! :lol:
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5


Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

adkguy07
Rocker
Posts: 241
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:46 pm
Location: Upstate New York

Re: Passing up great gear

Post by adkguy07 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:43 pm

Jondog wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:25 pm
Les Paul Lover wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:54 pm
Jondog wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:03 pm
Ma famille déménage au Quebec. Ma cherie est Canadienne-Francais et apres 15 ans en Ontario, nous decidons a changer. Mon vie en Ontario c’est 39 ans. Gros change. Je parle francais en petit-peu, mais pas bon. Beaucoup practice poir moi!

Grand changement!!!!

I've been to Montreal and Quebec a few years back, they were such lovely places.
Good luck with the whole move.

On the plus side..... if you were to sneak in am extra amp in the boxes..... who would notice????? :wink:
Oh believe me, I’ve got a lot of stuff hidden in boxes! Stuff I wonder why I’m keeping it!! :lol: Will be about 2 hours east of Montreal, 3 hours south of Quebec city. Small town in the Eastern Townships.
Would that place be near or in Eaton or Eaton Corners, QC?


Adkguy07

Jondog
Duke of Orange
Posts: 7205
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:16 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Passing up great gear

Post by Jondog » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:54 pm

adkguy07 wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:43 pm
Jondog wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:25 pm
Les Paul Lover wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:54 pm



Grand changement!!!!

I've been to Montreal and Quebec a few years back, they were such lovely places.
Good luck with the whole move.

On the plus side..... if you were to sneak in am extra amp in the boxes..... who would notice????? :wink:
Oh believe me, I’ve got a lot of stuff hidden in boxes! Stuff I wonder why I’m keeping it!! :lol: Will be about 2 hours east of Montreal, 3 hours south of Quebec city. Small town in the Eastern Townships.
Would that place be near or in Eaton or Eaton Corners, QC?


Adkguy07
Not too far, Coaticook
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests