Why/how did the forum lose its popularity?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

mr_william
Orange Master

Re: Why/how did the forum lose its popularity?

Post by mr_william » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:49 pm

Strange, two days ago bfitz posted as to why it lost it's popularity... and here i am!

thought i'd check in, i admit, it's been a long time for me.

i joined in january 2007 - its been a long time... 22 then, 35 now!

i too remember the busy times, i used to check in on the library at uni to get my fix in the day and obsess over all of this!

i'm back to play a bit more regularly and have just pulled the trigger on a Matamp King Street - picking it up on saturday, which is why i figured i'd check the forum out... it's really sad to see that it's gone the way it has...

Billy, how are the allens? hows frank? i remember listening to a cover of "honkey tonk woman" on your myspace around 10 years ago...
Will.
Bink wrote:Will you're a genius!! :D
Randy Bass wrote:For the record, mr_william is a genius :D .

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:08 am

mr_william wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:49 pm
Billy, how are the allens? hows frank? i remember listening to a cover of "honkey tonk woman" on your myspace around 10 years ago...
We just celebrated our 31st anniversary last November. We did a whole XXX anniversary year the year before.

Frank is doing ok, but he was down for the count for quite a while last year after helping move drums for his other band down a flight of stairs and totally misjudging where the landing was and tore his quad. What a mess... He's doing better but nowhere near 100% and can't lift his Marshall anymore so he's been playing a Crate with two small 1X12 Crate cabs. Not a sound I would choose but...

And I bought a new guitar. Zemaitis Dragonheart...

mr_william
Orange Master

Post by mr_william » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:11 pm

looking good on the new guitar front. how does it stack up to the tele's?

i seem to remember frank playing a jcm900, can't say i'd opt for a crate with all of the choices out there today...

31 years is insane! good to hear it's still goin'
Will.
Bink wrote:Will you're a genius!! :D
Randy Bass wrote:For the record, mr_william is a genius :D .

superguitarrero

Post by superguitarrero » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:30 am

It's been a long while since I last logged in, I think even my ad15 has been removed from the owner's list :shock:
And I just tried to upload a picture of my pedal board in the thread created for that purpose and got my wan ip banned because it weighted a bit more than 2 mb :shock:
I'm writing this using my phone's connection instead of my WiFi.
I'm from Spain, and much more active in forums from my country, not some kind of spammer/scammer or whatever I've been taken for here. Just a guy who got in here a while ago to learn more about the orange amp that got and was long discontinued.
For the record, it's happening everywhere, old forums in my country, such as this one, barely keep any traffic at all, newer ones work better, and the guitars in general forums also win over specific. I love my orange amp, but I also have other amps I like just as much.
I'll to speak with administrators to remove that banning, if not, I'll delete my account, it is even offensive. If things like these happen to occasional members, no wonder they don't stick around.
AD1512