Hey Bass Players!

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Hey Bass Players!

Post by bclaire » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:02 am

You're going to lose your minds over these....

The Little Bass Thing (500 watts, 6.5 pounds)

The Bass Butler

The video for this is just awesome:
https://youtu.be/rjJvRguodhw

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Re: Hey Bass Players!

Post by Jondog » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:28 pm

The Bass Butler could be a decent guitar pedal too

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:46 pm

Jondog wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:28 pm
especially for those 7 string players who tune WAY down....

Boy_Narf
Orange Master

Post by Boy_Narf » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:01 pm

I was going to post about this but figured the forum was shut down already.

Chuck one of the new heads in a combo with the newish OBC neo 12 for under $1000 and you have my interest!

The butler is cool but I would miss a mid control on the clean side. Or is it like those EQ's that allow you to boost the mids by cutting the top and bottom and cranking the volume?

groundmeat
Tiny Terror

Post by groundmeat » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:24 am

Jondog wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:28 pm
Maybe. I tinker with a bass a tad. I have a little Fender Rumble 100 1x12 combo, and it's a great little bass amp, but it's pretty damn good with a guitar too. Almost sounds like it has some kind of compression thing going on like tubes even though it has no tubes at all. The drive channel on it sounds really really good with a guitar too, especially for blues rock kinda sounds. You just roll the bass to 0, the low mid to about 1 or 2, the high mid to about 2 or 3, and the high to about 10, and it's good as is. IN fact... I think I might've... killed my speaker... lil bit... playing guitar through it at really really loud volumes, lol. Because now when I put a bass through it, once you start turning it up, it starts getting kinda flappy and farty sounding.

Sometimes if I'm looking around at a Guitar Center and folks are plinking horribly on the other amps, I'll go over and play through one of the Fender bass combos instead. People walk by and go, "That's a BASS AMP? Damn, that actually sounds pretty good."

If Fender would make a little solid-state mini-head thing with whatever guts they're cramming into the cheap bass combos and tune it for guitar, I'd be all over that.

dilanT

Post by dilanT » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:01 pm

bclaire, thanks for sharing, it's awesome! I like this resource over here ( site: https://traktrain.com/ ), because they have plenty of audio-tracks, which you can listen freely and even ability to upload your own. You always can log in, choose your favorite tracks or audio streams. This audio database wins in a comparison with other resources, like Beatstars, Airbit etc.