spam
copied from the Seymour Duncan forum

mici88
Tiny Terror

Re: Please tell me true about Orange amps

Post by mici88 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:44 am

Onishindi wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:30 am
I have a friend who is the biggest Orange amp fan I know. He owns several including some clones or original design or whatever they are like Matamp. I don't know what the history of Orange and Matamp and the other names he mentioned but he complains a lot about the reliability of Orange amps having diminished in the last ten years or so. This is too bad because I recently had an experience with the Rockerverb MKII which blew my mind, though it is a rather garish look for an amp in my view. Ha ha! This is an amplifier which interests me greatly at the present tense but expensive enough to cause some apprehension about whether it is reliable for the long term. I would like to know, and with a truthful view aside from the "fanboi" ideologies of some Orange fanatics, what the overall reliability of the English made Oranges are. To my knowledge this is one of the UK made models, but don't take it as if I think the Chinese manufactured Oranges are not good because it's really only that the MKII is the one that pours honey into my ears.
Rockerverb MK1, Rocker 30 and Tiny Terror user here. I do the standard maintenance once a year. Not because they fail, but because I care about my gear. Tubes, caps, wirings, inputs/outputs - these are the things worth checking from time to time, especially if you use your gear frequently.

None of my Orange amps failed so far.

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:42 am

The standard of construction is generally pretty good.

I have a RV50 MKI, from 2009, a Rocker 30 from 2008, an AD5, and an AD15.

The AD15 valve heater circuit isn't great and failed on both my AD15, the connectors were a bit crap, I removed them and hardwired them.

I believe the valve heaters connectors used in later amps are much better now. The AD15 is have was from 2001, had a 2003 too.
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:03 pm

spam post copied from another forum

new member banned