Pedalboard Updates.

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Boy_Narf
Orange Master

Pedalboard Updates.

Post by Boy_Narf » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:43 pm

Hello Everyone,

Been away for a spell focusing on life you know? Made a few changes to the board and figured I would share them with the Orange world.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/s5GzuxShswJr39Ji9

1. Added the Radial AC Driver. Since deciding my clean sound should go direct I've been on the hunt for a compact DI. I saw that JHS released a few DI/guitar pedals, but decided they had more features than I needed. This unit is great! Simple HPF for boomy systems (the Bose sounds much better now). Plus I can use it on my acoustic board meaning the notch filter may come in handy. Seems to bring back some of the high end eaten by the other pedals in the chain aswell. We are joyful.

2. Swapped the loopmaster double distro box, for a single distro box. No way I can get my cable plugged into the back of the RangIII, so this little guy makes it easier to plug in the dirty amp. We are joyful.

3. Swapped the ISP Decimator II, for an ISP Decimate. Way smaller & no more shady foot switch. It's apparently true bypass, but I can't hear a difference between it on and off. We are joyful.

4. Swapped the Disaster Area DMC-2 for a DMC-3XL. This is brilliant! Before I was banking through patches and having to engage them on the timeline like a pleb. Now I have all of my songs programmed in a row. I just have to find the song, then press the up/down button on the DMC to automatically change and engage the patches. We are joyful.

5. Although you can't see it, I swapped from my trusty Voodoo Labs 4X4 to a Strymon Zuma. Can't tell if it lowered noise at all but I needed an extra two outputs so it was either spend more for a Mondo, or go for the Zuma. It's been great so far. I had a problem with the Strymon reverse polarity cables I ordered (they are garbage). Instead of being actual cables, they are dinky straight jack adaptors. On both of my reverse pedals they wen't snug in the jack so any tiny bump caused the pedal to turn off then back on. Luckily I still had a few of the VooDoo reverse cables lying around. I plugged them in and everything is working. I've also discovered why PedalTrain reissued all their old boards with slight modifications. The Zuma fits on the bottom with the help of some dual-lock, but rubs on the ground. I've added some felt chair protectors to lift it a touch and am actively looking for a used Gen2 PT-2 so I can achieve proper clearance and install the Zuma bracket. We are joyful.

Thank you for reading the words that I have written.

Remain Joyful.
Last edited by Boy_Narf on Tue May 07, 2019 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Re: Pedalboard Updates.

Post by Les Paul Lover » Thu May 02, 2019 10:33 pm

Interesting.

What size is you pedal train?

I'm revamping my pedal board at the moment, and I've literally just recieved a pedaltrain Novo 24 with flight case, it's huge!!!! We'll, the flight case is.
For the power supply, I've gone with the True Tone CS12. I'm hoping to manage to sort it all out this weekend, but not sure I'll get the time i need with kids and some DIY planned.
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

Boy_Narf
Orange Master

Re: Pedalboard Updates.

Post by Boy_Narf » Thu May 02, 2019 10:39 pm

Original PT2