NPD, Mooer Radar

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Jondog
Duke of Orange

NPD, Mooer Radar

Post by Jondog » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:24 pm

Sort of a pedal? Mooer Radar. After months of curiosity I finally just got one. Gotta say I really like it! Haven’t put an actual amp through it yet, and I’ve only used headphones, but I’m really impressed with sound with even just a Boss DS-2 straight in! As of right now I can only compare it to my Amplitube/iPhone app and the Radar sound quality is much better, and I don’t sense any latency at all. The setting as pictured is their stock IR of a PPC412, sounds great! Haven’t gotten around to installing the computer software yet to load in more IR’s but I think theres some good Orange ones out there. Surprised how easy it is to use with just one knob and so many adjustable parameters. I thought it’d be a bit of manual reading and headaches to figure it all out but literally minutes of just using it is all needed. Theres different cabs, mics, power amps types (tube types) which can all be turned on or off, adjustable eq’s including graphic or parametric, mic placements, input/output levels. It’s really impressive the amount of customization available.

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Re: NPD, Mooer Radar

Post by Les Paul Lover » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:01 pm

Can you use that instead of a cab? Straight after the head, from the 16ohms tap?
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:50 pm

Les Paul Lover wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:01 pm
Can you use that instead of a cab? Straight after the head, from the 16ohms tap?
Not exactly. Need a load box and a direct out, something like the Suhr Reactive Load. I plan on building a proper one. I have a 16ohm 100 watt resistor load I built a few years ago, but plan on adding the inductors for the reactive load so the amp reacts like its seeing an actual speaker, plus the DI. Even have a 12vdc fan for it!

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:05 am

Jondog wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:50 pm
Les Paul Lover wrote:
Not exactly. Need a load box and a direct out, something like the Suhr Reactive Load. I plan on building a proper one. I have a 16ohm 100 watt resistor load I built a few years ago, but plan on adding the inductors for the reactive load so the amp reacts like its seeing an actual speaker, plus the DI. Even have a 12vdc fan for it!
Ok. So in theory, i could hook that up from the DI out on my jet city jettuanator, attenuate to 0 volume, and use headphones with that little box?

Gonna have to check it out.
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:08 pm

Les Paul Lover wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:05 am
Jondog wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:50 pm
Les Paul Lover wrote:
Ok. So in theory, i could hook that up from the DI out on my jet city jettuanator, attenuate to 0 volume, and use headphones with that little box?

Gonna have to check it out.
Yes! Heres a good vid from Pete Thorn https://youtu.be/t4oR13iZbFk

Tisca
Tiny Terror

Post by Tisca » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:29 pm

I have one also but never end up using the Citrus model. Doesn't go well with anything for me. Maybe it needs some EQing. I'm using mostly Line Out on my attenuator.
Orange OR100
White LW100