Anyone used the Orange Vertical 2x12?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

daveydoom

Anyone used the Orange Vertical 2x12?

Post by daveydoom » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:46 am

.... just wondering if anyone used these cabs before, haven’t seen any reviews yet. I’m thinking of getting one, I run either an Or50 or a dark terror through a 2x12 open back v30s and play rock and roll, punk and metal.

Thanks

David

afjungemann
Rocker

Re: Anyone used the Orange Vertical 2x12?

Post by afjungemann » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:45 am

I played through one quite a bit a few different times at a guitar store by me and I noticed very little difference between the vertical and the regular OB. I think the sound being higher up will help with hearing yourself and getting some volume by your ears.
Rockerverb 100 MKIII
Rockerverb 50 MKIII combo
AD30TC combo
TH30c
Fender Bassman
Fender Princeton
gibson explorer custom
gibson es355
gibson es359
gibson sg custom
gibson les paul custom
gibson les paul standard
gibson les paul studio
gibson melody maker

steamboat
Rocker

Post by steamboat » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:15 pm

I use a vertical 2x12 all the time and it's great. I like that I can hear myself better and It also puts your amp at a better height to be able to make adjustments easier. Also lighter to carry around than a 4x12. I use the Closed back cabinets though, I just put them on it's side. But I did Modify them to fit the part. I redid the grill and put the logos the correct way and also transferred the wood casters to what in now the new bottom.

Rollin with a fat sack of Oranges

daveydoom

Post by daveydoom » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:02 pm

Nice

megalithic
Orange Hero

Post by megalithic » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:31 pm

steamboat wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:15 pm
I use a vertical 2x12 all the time and it's great. I like that I can hear myself better and It also puts your amp at a better height to be able to make adjustments easier. Also lighter to carry around than a 4x12. I use the Closed back cabinets though, I just put them on it's side. But I did Modify them to fit the part. I redid the grill and put the logos the correct way and also transferred the wood casters to what in now the new bottom.

So you had to change the grill, or you just carefully removed them? They're glued on, right?

I've done that to a couple of non-Orange cabs, the shield was easy to move because it was screwed on. However, I didn't bother moving the feet and strap, because it's easier to place (when packing) and move around the way it was originally conceived.

steamboat
Rocker

Post by steamboat » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:11 pm

At first I tried just removing the emblems but they are glued on and it was a nightmare to try and get all the old glue off and you could always tell something was weird. So I did end up just replacing the grill with the same cane cloth orange uses and then gluing the logos back on. It looks way better after replacing the grills.
Rollin with a fat sack of Oranges