It was 20 Years Ago Today...

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Sooner
Orange Master
Posts: 1177
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2002 6:16 pm
Location: USA-land

It was 20 Years Ago Today...

Post by Sooner » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:51 pm

That 001 was born...
Image
Sooner
AD1512 Serial No. 001

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange
Posts: 6566
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:08 am
Location: Derby, England

Re: It was 20 Years Ago Today...

Post by Les Paul Lover » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:20 pm

Happy birthday #0001!!!!!

Those AD15, beside being great amps, have been so important in the Orange revival.

I've heard unsubstantiated rumours saying they stopped production of the AD15 because it was too costly to manufacture and would have made the retail price too high compared to similar wattage amps on the market. Thats where the tiny terror comes in, a little later.
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, AD5, PPC212
Past Orange: Orange AD30TC Combo, Tiny Terror

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

bclaire
Forum Moderator
Posts: 17582
Joined: Thu May 02, 2002 9:19 pm
Location: Outside Boston MA, USA
Contact:

Re: It was 20 Years Ago Today...

Post by bclaire » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:25 pm

Image

steamboat
Rocker
Posts: 262
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:28 am

Re: It was 20 Years Ago Today...

Post by steamboat » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:57 pm

HAHA, Happy Birthday! I'm always down to celebrate an AD15. My favorite Orange amp! I have some AD15 birthdays coming up next month. I wonder who employee 679 is? He too built mine.
Rollin with a fat sack of Oranges

Sooner
Orange Master
Posts: 1177
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2002 6:16 pm
Location: USA-land

Re: It was 20 Years Ago Today...

Post by Sooner » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:06 am

steamboat wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:57 pm
I wonder who employee 679 is? He too built mine.
He must be the Secret Agent man. They gave him a number and took away his name...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iaR3WO71j4
Sooner
AD1512 Serial No. 001

matone
New Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:57 pm

Re: It was 20 Years Ago Today...

Post by matone » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:45 am

By strange coincidence ,I plugged my AD15/12 in last night for the 1st time in months !! That brought me here for a look again too ! Mine has a printed 3 digit serial no 01#,what year would that be ?
Thanks.
Last edited by matone on Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange
Posts: 6566
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:08 am
Location: Derby, England

Re: It was 20 Years Ago Today...

Post by Les Paul Lover » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:43 am

Sooner wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:06 am
steamboat wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:57 pm
I wonder who employee 679 is? He too built mine.
He must be the Secret Agent man. They gave him a number and took away his name...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iaR3WO71j4

Just like there's a 007, there's a 679.
His name is Ade. Ade Emsley.
His mission is to rid the world of poor tone.
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, AD5, PPC212
Past Orange: Orange AD30TC Combo, Tiny Terror

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

steamboat
Rocker
Posts: 262
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:28 am

Re: It was 20 Years Ago Today...

Post by steamboat » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:41 pm

Sooner wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:06 am
steamboat wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:57 pm
I wonder who employee 679 is? He too built mine.
He must be the Secret Agent man. They gave him a number and took away his name...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iaR3WO71j4
HAHA that's awesome! I love that Song always have!
Rollin with a fat sack of Oranges

steamboat
Rocker
Posts: 262
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:28 am

Re: It was 20 Years Ago Today...

Post by steamboat » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:41 pm

Les Paul Lover wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:43 am
Sooner wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:06 am
steamboat wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:57 pm
I wonder who employee 679 is? He too built mine.
He must be the Secret Agent man. They gave him a number and took away his name...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iaR3WO71j4

Just like there's a 007, there's a 679.
His name is Ade. Ade Emsley.
His mission is to rid the world of poor tone.
Yea I was kind of thinking it was Ade, I'm sure he kept a close eye one those first batches that were built.
Rollin with a fat sack of Oranges

steamboat
Rocker
Posts: 262
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:28 am

Re: It was 20 Years Ago Today...

Post by steamboat » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:47 pm

matone wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:45 am
By strange coincidence ,I plugged my AD15/12 in last night for the 1st time in months !! That brought me here for a look again too ! Mine has a printed 3 digit serial no 01#,what year would that be ?
Thanks.
The printed serial numbers seemed to be the earlier ones. I'm not sure when they started hand writing them. You sure your serial number is 01#?
Doesn't seem right. do you mean 010 or 013? mine are 021, 023, 446 etc...they made roughly about 1500 from 1998-2004
Does yours have plastic corners or metal? The earlier ones were plastic.
Rollin with a fat sack of Oranges

Sooner
Orange Master
Posts: 1177
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2002 6:16 pm
Location: USA-land

Re: It was 20 Years Ago Today...

Post by Sooner » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:38 pm

matone wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:45 am
Mine has a printed 3 digit serial no 01#,what year would that be ?
Thanks.
Assuming the # stands for another number that you're keeping a secret for some reason, those printed numbers were the first batch of pre-production models that were made in late 98 or possibly early 99. I think there were only 20 or so of them. There should be an inspection sticker with a manufacture date like mine on the inside.
Sooner
AD1512 Serial No. 001

matone
New Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:57 pm

Re: It was 20 Years Ago Today...

Post by matone » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:10 pm

Thankyou for the replies! I always thought it was the early ones with the handwritten nos ,don`t recall who told me that tho`.... I`ve owned the amp for a long time and love the sound of it everytime it fires up,just hadn`t used it for a while...ngd with an SG Junior prompted me to get it out ,seemed like a good pairing to try !!!
Strange timing to come here and find it`s sort of its Anniversary.

(it has plastic corner protectors)

steamboat
Rocker
Posts: 262
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:28 am

Re: It was 20 Years Ago Today...

Post by steamboat » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:32 pm

Sooner wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:38 pm
matone wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:45 am
Mine has a printed 3 digit serial no 01#,what year would that be ?
Thanks.
Assuming the # stands for another number that you're keeping a secret for some reason
HAHA i'm over here thinking the same thing! Tell us already it's killing me!
Rollin with a fat sack of Oranges

Sooner
Orange Master
Posts: 1177
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2002 6:16 pm
Location: USA-land

Re: It was 20 Years Ago Today...

Post by Sooner » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:05 am

steamboat wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:32 pm
Sooner wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:38 pm
matone wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:45 am
Mine has a printed 3 digit serial no 01#,what year would that be ?
Thanks.
Assuming the # stands for another number that you're keeping a secret for some reason
HAHA i'm over here thinking the same thing! Tell us already it's killing me!
I never understood the purpose of keeping a serial number secret unless you had some reason to believe it was stolen.
Sooner
AD1512 Serial No. 001

Sooner
Orange Master
Posts: 1177
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2002 6:16 pm
Location: USA-land

Re: It was 20 Years Ago Today...

Post by Sooner » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:09 am

steamboat wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:41 pm
Les Paul Lover wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:43 am
Sooner wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:06 am


He must be the Secret Agent man. They gave him a number and took away his name...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iaR3WO71j4

Just like there's a 007, there's a 679.
His name is Ade. Ade Emsley.
His mission is to rid the world of poor tone.
Yea I was kind of thinking it was Ade, I'm sure he kept a close eye one those first batches that were built.
I'm sure Ade did keep a close eye on those early batches but I always assumed #679 it was some Trace Elliot employee.
Sooner
AD1512 Serial No. 001

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests