Back after SIX YEAR hiatus!

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

tugartheman
Orange Master

Back after SIX YEAR hiatus!

Post by tugartheman » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:52 pm

Hey Orange Gang!

It certainly has been a bit since I've logged in here; 6 years or so, in fact, according to my post history! Previously I was a frequent poster but stepped away due to a career, starting a family, and life in general. About a year or so ago I quit drinking and made a promise to myself that music would quickly become a priority again in my life.

In that time I've done everything except join a new band (perhaps soon enough). I've made some moves, collection-wise, and I've increased my Orange-ness 100% when I picked up a Bass Terror combo last winter. I also recently finished up a project guitar for my daughter and I: https://imgur.com/a/0tlxoRP. When the girl says she wants a pink guitar, Dad's job is to deliver!

I'm currently in the process of building out a pedal board; which is a new experience! I've always been a guitar>amp kind of dude, really, so there's certainly a learning curve! I'm finding a pedal board is kind of like recovery: progress, not perfection! I'm also eyeballing a new lil' brother for the Orange collection - hope to have one in hands by end of the year...stay tuned there!

Collection as it sits: https://imgur.com/a/4xxVtwk

Good to see some familiar faces and glad to be back y'all! Hoping to bring back some of that old school knowledge.

Thanks!
Orange AD30HTC thru Orange PPC2x12. Orange Bass Terror Combo.

Gibson ES-333, Gibson SG Bass, Custom Built Jazzmaster, Les Paul Custom, Kalamazoo KG-1A, Gibson J-45.

langmurf
Rocker

Re: Back after SIX YEAR hiatus!

Post by langmurf » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:30 am

Welcome back! I'm a relative noob to this board. Great ppl here, for sure. Happy Rocker 15 combo owner here.
Orange Rocker 15 Combo, Orange Two Stroke
2007 Gibson Melody Maker; Cort Steinberger

Ronnie Robinson
Orange Master

Post by Ronnie Robinson » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:00 am

Hi welcome back, not a great deal has changed except quite a few amps!! There's been quite a few discontinued and the arrival of the new Rocker amps either in terror or standard formats. Orange seem to be focusing on new gear on amps of 30 watts and below.

I see you've got the ad30htc ( which is my favorite amp) so that's a great orange amp to have ! Channel one works great also with pedals when set clean so that's a good start.
Orange AD30 HTC
Orange Rocker 15 terror
Orange Tiny Terror HW,
Fender elite Start, Gibson SG 61,fender telecaster

Previously Owned - Rocker 30

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:15 am

Hey - glad to see you back!

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:50 am

Man, these spammers are getting good!
Just kidding, welcome back!

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:04 pm

tugartheman wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:52 pm
Hey Orange Gang!

It certainly has been a bit since I've logged in here; 6 years or so, in fact, according to my post history! Previously I was a frequent poster but stepped away due to a career, starting a family, and life in general. About a year or so ago I quit drinking and made a promise to myself that music would quickly become a priority again in my life.

In that time I've done everything except join a new band (perhaps soon enough). I've made some moves, collection-wise, and I've increased my Orange-ness 100% when I picked up a Bass Terror combo last winter. I also recently finished up a project guitar for my daughter and I: https://imgur.com/a/0tlxoRP. When the girl says she wants a pink guitar, Dad's job is to deliver!

I'm currently in the process of building out a pedal board; which is a new experience! I've always been a guitar>amp kind of dude, really, so there's certainly a learning curve! I'm finding a pedal board is kind of like recovery: progress, not perfection! I'm also eyeballing a new lil' brother for the Orange collection - hope to have one in hands by end of the year...stay tuned there!

Collection as it sits: https://imgur.com/a/4xxVtwk

Good to see some familiar faces and glad to be back y'all! Hoping to bring back some of that old school knowledge.

Thanks!

Welcome back!!!!

Did you have to respray the squier for your daughter? Did you do the relic job yourself? They're meant to be pretty hard to do on poly finish. That's a good job there.
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

tugartheman
Orange Master

Post by tugartheman » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:53 am

@Les Paul Lover -
Indeed, I did the full refin on it; including relic job. I used Nitro for the refin though, that poly was a MOFO to sand through. Also did a full rewire, new pickups, pickguard & shield, and sanded all the clear off the neck and oiled it. It is a screamin' Squire for sure!

Here's some shots of the build process, if you're interested in checking them out!
https://imgur.com/a/mTTw4Gs

Gibson ES-333, Gibson SG Bass, Custom Built Jazzmaster, Les Paul Custom, Kalamazoo KG-1A, Gibson J-45.

tugartheman
Orange Master

Post by tugartheman » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:54 am

bclaire wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:15 am
Glad to be here! Glad to see you're still running things - seeing your name at the top of the board reaffirmed my need to rejoin!

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:26 am

tugartheman wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:54 am
bclaire wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:15 am
Glad to be here! Glad to see you're still running things - seeing your name at the top of the board reaffirmed my need to rejoin!
Thanks@! I appreciate that!

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:00 am

Billys a fighter!

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:45 pm

Jondog wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:00 am
Billys a fighter!
The spammers won't bring him down.....
(To be sung along the tune of Neil Young' s Ohio)
Ant

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:48 pm

tugartheman wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:53 am
@Les Paul Lover -
Indeed, I did the full refin on it; including relic job. I used Nitro for the refin though, that poly was a MOFO to sand through. Also did a full rewire, new pickups, pickguard & shield, and sanded all the clear off the neck and oiled it. It is a screamin' Squire for sure!

Here's some shots of the build process, if you're interested in checking them out!
https://imgur.com/a/mTTw4Gs

Yeah, I heard poly was really bad to work with. Good job!!!
Ant

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:38 pm

Les Paul Lover wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:45 pm
Jondog wrote:
Billys a fighter!
Thanks
Man, these guys are relentless. They are successfully joining despite the measures we have taken with captcha etc. Looking at other ways around it...

Wendigo
Orange Master

Post by Wendigo » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:48 pm

bclaire wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:38 pm
Les Paul Lover wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:45 pm
Jondog wrote:
Billys a fighter!
Thanks
Man, these guys are relentless. They are successfully joining despite the measures we have taken with captcha etc. Looking at other ways around it...
Billy you need to have an admin (you) approve every membership request, and have each potential new member tell you in a short paragraph why they want to be part of the Orange Community. That should allow you to detect spammers.

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:52 am

Yeah, probably... I always thought that people should use real names as usernames but that ship sailed long ago...