OR 100c???

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

speedking

Post by speedking » Wed Jun 05, 2002 4:37 pm

hy

I have a possibillity to own a '69 100c head...the guy sales it for 180.000sit, that's about $700...it's all original...

...he said that's a great rarity, cause since '68 when he started to repair guitar amps(it's the best here in Slovenia) he haven seen any like that...many of OR120, but of (OR?)100c nothing...

what can you tell of this??? i think that it's relly cheap and that's a life chance...can I get just a little crunch with it??? ...really little...

thanx for info....

bOr

theschickster
Tiny Terror

Post by theschickster » Thu Jun 06, 2002 4:51 am

Is it a Orange/Matamp? If its a original 69 Orange/Matamp chances are its a non master amp. So you will need a good overdrive pedal to get some crunch. Or turn it up to 9 and blow your eardrums. Non masters only distort when cranked. I'd look at it and if its as you explain i'd buy it thats a great deal! Those are rare birds. Probally the only chance you'll ever get to buy one of those amps. Geert would know more about that amp than i do.

speedking

Post by speedking » Thu Jun 06, 2002 6:32 am

thanx for help theschickster!!!

yes...he told that it's a original Orange...and what's the difference with Matamp???

...I know that hasn't got a Master...it was introduced in '75-'76 i think...but i tought of that crunch with loth of presence, trebble, mids....I need really just a little, cause with my LPC '74 I can get almost enaugh...it just needs a little more :)))

...well, however...I'll go to the guy and check it out... :)

here in Slovenia you can get incredible vintage things for little $$$...for example...JMP 1959 for $280, 1970 Basketweave cabinet with Greenbacks for $480...JMP(!!) 2203 + 1982 cab for $800...VOX AC30 for $800,..............and this Orange...thats what I've seen, but been too late... well... THE BASKETWEAVE CAB WILL BE MINE!!!! :)))) I think it's better than that Orange with gt12-75(?) for $440... :)))

bOr