In a sea of spam... a New Amp/Cab Day is born!

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

MarshallGibsons

In a sea of spam... a New Amp/Cab Day is born!

Post by MarshallGibsons » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:16 am

So far, so good. This was a special order for another customer, that flaked out when it came in. Balked at the sticker price. One guy bought it, came back within a week... too much amp for him.

Brought my pedalboard in, we plugged into a Orange 2x12 and spent at least 2 hours playing it. A bit darker than my usual Marshalls, but extremely articulate and just screams, when you open it up. Nothing like any of the SS Orange amps, I've played... which I actually really like.

It reminds me a lot of a Plexi, to be honest.

With my taste in guitars, I'm not surprised its voiced well for them. Asked them to stash it for me, on the promise I'd buy it. 3 months later... it came home.

I had tried matching it with my 1960AV, loaded with Marshall Vintage. Wasn't really feeling it, so I tried running it through a Mesa Boogie 1x12 Recto cab. That was the match. The Orange cabs sound real similar to me... so I traded an old Tweaker 15 head and the Mesa, for a PPC412.

Invested in a Hotplate as well, as I think the CS50 sound better pushed. Give up a little bit of tone, but not so much it bothers me.

Making room for the new cab.

Finished!

Some glamour shots...
Custom Shop 50
Micro Terror w/ matching cab
PPC412

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Re: In a sea of spam... a New Amp/Cab Day is born!

Post by Jondog » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:11 am

Awesome! Nice set-up.

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:46 pm

Congrats!!!!!

So you like LP quite a bit then..... good match with Orange amps (ok, a LP is a good match with any amp!)!

Looks like you have a really nice set up. I've heard the custom shop in a store, and recorded live.... it does sound fantastic.
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

jax510
Rocker

Post by jax510 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:37 am

Very cool! Impressive setup.

Side note...why ask a store to special order something without knowing what it will cost? Seems kinda lame to back out. Worked out for you in the end though!

Ronnie Robinson
Orange Master

Post by Ronnie Robinson » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:50 am

Awesome Amp!, beautiful gold top with zebra pickups.....!! Fantastic set up.
Orange AD30 HTC
Orange Rocker 15 terror
Orange Tiny Terror HW,
Fender elite Start, Gibson SG 61,fender telecaster

Previously Owned - Rocker 30

MarshallGibsons

Post by MarshallGibsons » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:11 am

Les Paul Lover wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:46 pm
Congrats!!!!!

So you like LP quite a bit then..... good match with Orange amps (ok, a LP is a good match with any amp!)!

Looks like you have a really nice set up. I've heard the custom shop in a store, and recorded live.... it does sound fantastic.
Yeah, I like LPs. Think I have 11. I keep thinking I need one more for a clock... so its gotta be 11.

The CS50 is a beast. It really likes to be run hot, as well. It pretty much knows Crunchy and Crunchier. Which, is fine by me.
jax510 wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:37 am
Very cool! Impressive setup.

Side note...why ask a store to special order something without knowing what it will cost? Seems kinda lame to back out. Worked out for you in the end though!
I see it a lot. They had another customer order a Custom Shop True Historic '57 Black Beauty, from another store. She backed out, when they called to tell her it was in. They're typically people, that have a history of spending money, so they'll order something, and let you pay when it gets there. They've been burned a few times. Usually they just send it back to the original store. If its something like that, and they know a particular customer might be interested, they'll float it there way.

I actually had to wait a week for her final "no," before I could buy it. That's OK. I got a better deal. She was paying the price from the other store. I paid the local price. :D
Ronnie Robinson wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:50 am
Awesome Amp!, beautiful gold top with zebra pickups.....!! Fantastic set up.
I liked Gold Tops. Have 2 now... 3rd is on the way. Well, I'm most likely going to buy it. I've got a Tribute I never play. I always buy one, thinking I'll play it... then it just hangs on the wall. I want to play my guitars, not look at them.
Custom Shop 50
Micro Terror w/ matching cab
PPC412

thejay
Orange Expert

Post by thejay » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:22 am

Congrats! :D
Oranges - R32, OR50, R30, RVMKIII, OR100, AD30, OB212, CB212 (2x)
Non Orange - Mesa, Friedman, Vox & Marshall
Former Oranges - TT, JRT, OR15, RVMKII
YouTube https://bit.ly/2pSp3sk
http://bigbattlebear.bandcamp.com

stargazer747
Tiny Terror

Post by stargazer747 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:15 pm

Looking good there, nice rigs!
Orange Rocker 15 Terror-EVH5150III-Hughes&Kettner-Marshall-Celestion-Jackson-Fender-Gibson-PRS-Laguna-AnalogAlien-Earthquaker-Walrus-CryBaby-MXR-BOSS-EHX-Ibanez-TCE-ZOOM-DiMarzio-ErnieBall-Tortex-Pedaltrain