Rocker Terror 15 vs old Rocker 30 head

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

gajet777

Rocker Terror 15 vs old Rocker 30 head

Post by gajet777 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:23 pm

Hi,

Im considering of a buying some of head mentioned above. I know what are the technical differences between this two (i.e. tubes, transformers, lack of fx loop in terror) but I want to know your opinion about the tone differences. Anyone compared this heads? Which one do you prefer better?
I will plug in into orange 212 cab.

Ronnie Robinson
Orange Master

Re: Rocker Terror 15 vs old Rocker 30 head

Post by Ronnie Robinson » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:27 pm

I dont think you need be too concerned about the tone but be more concerned as to how your going to use it.

Mainly at home, or in studio or band practice need an effects loop? then the rocker 15. Limited clean head room.

If for gigs you need a loud beast of a dirty channel thats a bit punky and a clean channel thats good with pedals and sounds great when turned up ...but flat at lower volumes then the rocker30....also expect a very powerful mid eq knob with the other knobs making little difference and quiet to loud on the dirty channel by turning the volume knob about 1 mm!

Ive owned 4.
Orange AD30 HTC
Orange Rocker 15 terror
Orange Tiny Terror HW,
Fender elite Start, Gibson SG 61,fender telecaster

Previously Owned - Rocker 30

stargazer747
Tiny Terror

Re: Rocker Terror 15 vs old Rocker 30 head

Post by stargazer747 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:23 pm

I have the Rocker 15 Terror head and its brother the Brent Hinds. Both rock and can be gigged with especially thru a 412 cab or better full stack. It would depend on the venue; a modest pub or small club, no problem, someplace a bit larger and you'll need more volume then that location having its own PA system so you can mic it will be to your advantage. They are plenty loud for 15 Watt lunchbox sized amps but of course not arena rock stage gear yet then again with the right PA system in place you might be able to wing it!
Orange Rocker 15 Terror-EVH5150III-Hughes&Kettner-Marshall-Celestion-Jackson-Fender-Gibson-PRS-Laguna-AnalogAlien-Earthquaker-Walrus-CryBaby-MXR-BOSS-EHX-Ibanez-TCE-ZOOM-DiMarzio-ErnieBall-Tortex-Pedaltrain