Rockerverb. My first time.

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Rozz
Tiny Terror

Rockerverb. My first time.

Post by Rozz » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:49 am

I went to an open session last night and I would normally have taken my Dual Terror and plugged into their cabs, but I had left it at a friend’s house, so I had to use what was there. And there it was; a Rockerverb 50H Mk III. Hmmmm, I have the CR120 and really like it a lot, but I have to say that there is definitely something about the Rockerverb. It was my first time. :) I was surprised at the cleans as well as really liking the crunch sounds I got, for whatever reason I did not expect brilliant cleans, but it can be cleaner than my CR120 and DT (which doesn’t really stay clean at any sort of gigable volume), maybe not as lush as my TH30 though. It’s got me thinking. It’s expensive though, £1000 plus more than the CR120 so whether I think I could justify it I don’t know. I was happy until I heard the Rockerverb (and the AD30 come to that). There’s so much choice with so many different flavours. It was going through a PPC212 by the way. I use 2 x PPC112’s so maybe that has something to do with it? But I have played my CR120 through a PPC212 before. I think the Rockerverb could be the most versatile of them all for me though. I also tried a Marshall Origin 50 head (through the same orange PPC212) and wasn’t keen. It was a bit too harsh in the high frequencies for my taste, but that is the Marshall sound I suppose. I played rubbish though; I just wanted to noodle through the Rockerverb :lol:
Gibson Les Paul Traditional, Classic and Tribute. Fender American Standard Strat, Fender MIM Tele, Taylor GS Mini
Orange TH30c with G12H30 Anniversary speaker, 2xOrange PPC112 cabs
Roland Blues Cube Artist. CR120H. Dual Terror

Ronnie Robinson
Orange Master

Re: Rockerverb. My first time.

Post by Ronnie Robinson » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:19 pm

Cool there is a lot of great orange amps out there.

I'd definitely recommend trying an orange Ppc 212 open back.... I gigged for a number of years with 2 ppc 112s and then I bought a 212 open back.. Big difference! Yes its open back but there's something else that makes am212 better sounding IMHO than 2 x112 cabs.
Orange AD30 HTC
Orange Rocker 15 terror
Orange Tiny Terror HW,
Fender elite Start, Gibson SG 61,fender telecaster

Previously Owned - Rocker 30

afjungemann
Rocker

Post by afjungemann » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:31 pm

Rozz, are you trying to ask if we think you should get a Rockerverb? If so... HECK YES! :)
Rockerverb 100 MKIII
Rockerverb 50 MKIII combo
AD30TC combo
TH30c
Fender Bassman
Fender Princeton
gibson explorer custom
gibson es355
gibson es359
gibson sg custom
gibson les paul custom
gibson les paul standard
gibson les paul studio
gibson melody maker

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:20 pm

I'd be a very happy man if my RV50 was my one and only amp.
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

Rozz
Tiny Terror

Post by Rozz » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:48 am

afjungemann wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:31 pm
Rozz, are you trying to ask if we think you should get a Rockerverb? If so... HECK YES! :)
Yep. :lol: I got talking to the guy with the Rockerverb and we are going to meet and compare that with my CR120 so it will be a good A/B for both of us. That’s happening Monday and we have booked a rehearsal room so we can play at reasonably loud levels, so I am looking forward to that. I’ll post how it went on here.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional, Classic and Tribute. Fender American Standard Strat, Fender MIM Tele, Taylor GS Mini
Orange TH30c with G12H30 Anniversary speaker, 2xOrange PPC112 cabs
Roland Blues Cube Artist. CR120H. Dual Terror

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:53 pm

Rozz wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:48 am
afjungemann wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:31 pm
Yep. :lol: I got talking to the guy with the Rockerverb and we are going to meet and compare that with my CR120 so it will be a good A/B for both of us. That’s happening Monday and we have booked a rehearsal room so we can play at reasonably loud levels, so I am looking forward to that. I’ll post how it went on here.
That'll be interesting. Looking forward to your report.
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute