Help diagnose weird noise from Orange 35rt

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Gr8fulPickr

Help diagnose weird noise from Orange 35rt

Post by Gr8fulPickr » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:34 pm

I've been trying to figure out what is causing my new 35rt to make this weird noise. It starts about 20 minutes afyer turning the amp on pretty much every time I use it.

Amp was purchased new and I actually returned the first amp that was also making this noise. It is definitely not the guitars or cable causing the issue. I bought a Furman PL-PLUSDM power conditioner, but it did not help.

When I swapped the amp out for another new one, we could not reproduce the issue in the store which made me think that the issue is with the electricity in our building but if that is the case the Furman lacks whatever feature would fix.

I'm at my whits end at this point and barely play my electric because the issue happens so reguarly.

Any tips on a fix?

https://youtu.be/C7_ql8ft4H8

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Re: Help diagnose weird noise from Orange 35rt

Post by Les Paul Lover » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:46 pm

If it was coming from your power supply, it wouldn't happen when the note has decayed only.

If it was coming from your guitar, it wouldn't happen when the note has decayed only.

If it was coming from your cables, it wouldn't happen when the note has decayed only.

There's something wrong with your amp.
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

Gr8fulPickr

Post by Gr8fulPickr » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:10 pm

Then what is the fix and if it is indeed the amp, it doesn't quite make sense that we could not recreate the issue in the store.

satchmodog
Tiny Terror

Post by satchmodog » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:49 am

Fish tanks, power packs, certain types of lights, you name it can interfere with other electronics. If you bring this new amp to a shop and then to a friend's home, I'll bet there's no noise.
Could be faulty ground/earth in your building, too. If you could record the sound it may be helpful