Rockerverb 100 and Boss HM2

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

MALcentipede35

Rockerverb 100 and Boss HM2

Post by MALcentipede35 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:19 pm

Hello folks.
First post here. Recently bought a rockerverb 100 and have really been impressed with it. I play more intense music in a group in the vein of Napalm Death. Very grindcore and sludge influenced. I use a Boss HM2 to get that chainsaw sound, but I wanted to ask y’all for any suggested settings. My current guitar is an LTD EC-401 with EMGz.

Boy_Narf
Orange Master

Re: Rockerverb 100 and Boss HM2

Post by Boy_Narf » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:02 pm

Never got along with my RV100. Too muddy for me. I would suggest an eq in the loop or something like a precision drive (or anything else like it) in front to cut mud and add presence.

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:03 pm

Boy_Narf wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:02 pm
Never got along with my RV100. Too muddy for me. I would suggest an eq in the loop or something like a precision drive (or anything else like it) in front to cut mud and add presence.
I still don't really get your issue with your ex muddy RV100. I'd have like to play through your set up at the time to hear what it was like.

Certainly, I I've never found my RV50 muddy. I've seen a local band live with RV50 and peavey 6505, and whilst you could hear the 6505 high end better, it all fell a bit hollow and one dimensional when the RV50 guitarist didn't have any rhythm parts. And the parts were very similar, you couldn't notice him much when they were playing together, but when he stopped...... a big void.

Very interesting. That was in a metal type band.

I've never had that issue as my other guitarist usually plays an acoustic clean, and all dirt depends on me. We have very different sound spectrums.

Anyway, the OP didn't complain about mud... but inquired about chainsaw tone. We're both pretty unhelpful in that regard..... :lol:

My best in that style would have been a way huge swollen pickle through the clean channel. Pretty sick. Not always controllable.
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

Boy_Narf
Orange Master

Post by Boy_Narf » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:15 pm

Well the chainsaw tone in itself is very mud free hence the mud chat. I checked a few other posts and they mostly suggest the HM2. I would run that and an eq after to sculpt the tone more like a 5150 or something like that (bass and low mid cut on the rv100 for sure. Decent boost to the high mids and top). Also suggested the p drive as it's designed for modern tones and has a built in gate if you don't already have one. Could help getting you closer to the required grind.