Omec Teleport question

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

jax510
Rocker

Omec Teleport question

Post by jax510 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:33 pm

Can I use the amplitude orange amp options even if I don't have amplitude? Was thinking this would be a nice way to try to record directly into digital multitrack unit when kiddos are asleep or late at night. Just put the Teleport on the pedalboard and DI into a zoom r16. I don't have any computer recording programs or anything though. Anybody know?

Boy_Narf
Orange Master

Re: Omec Teleport question

Post by Boy_Narf » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:03 pm

Erm, I think it comes with the Orange Amplitube suite doesn't it? It's just a usb interface so you can use any plugin with it.

jax510
Rocker

Post by jax510 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:42 pm

Yes my understanding is it comes with the Orange Amplitube stuff, but I don't know how recording technology works ha. If the only computer stuff I have is the orange amplitube from the pedal on my computer will I be fine? I don't need to own amplitube itself? I guess thats a better phrasing of my question.

Boy_Narf
Orange Master

Post by Boy_Narf » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:54 pm

Your would plug the guitar into the omec, then usb into computer, then head phones on the output of the omec, or your sound card depending on what you have the output device set to. Then bring up Amplitube in your DAW. Make sure to adjust the latency of the driver to make sure it's as low as possible without glitches.

I believe you have to download the Amplitube software (I only use the custom shop so I'm not sure), and I'm guessing the omec just comes with a key to unlock the Orange suite. There should be instructions in the box when you get it.

dl123

Post by dl123 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:34 pm

I have the OMEC Teleport. it works great however, in Amplitube, only 2 amp heads and 2 cabs load for me. Just the TT and the RV50II... trying to get help, but no luck so far. I have re-serialized, reinstalled, and reloaded several times. Any suggestions, or should i only have the 2?