O bass review!

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

jax510
Rocker

O bass review!

Post by jax510 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:53 pm

Finally!

I initially bought this about a year and a half ago and had so much fun I promptly blew up my guitar/bass practice amp. However I got a fender rumble 100 for cheap a few months ago and can now post a review.

Keep in mind I consider myself a guitar player with a bass, I haven’t had enough experience to call myself a bassist. That being said I love it! I would say it’s a variation on a p bass with a little more “growl” which increases as I dig in. It’s light weight and has a comfortable neck. I can play a variety of styles with it (recording folk music for a play this week) and will be using it for various future stoner/garage/psychedelic/pop punk projects. The padded case provides a nice level of protection and there is a pad and strap along the neck to protect the headstock and prevent the neck from sliding around within the case. I’ve had it for a year and a half, even without an amp for most of that time just because I like it.

Overall I’d say this is a great choice for someone looking for a variation on the p bass sound with a unique look and light weight. I’d be happy to try to answer any specific questions anybody has.

I really cannot figure out how to get a picture on here but here is a pic link.
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/721138959059635906/

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Re: O bass review!

Post by bclaire » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:37 am