Looking for top quality gig bag - gator /mono / Reunion blues

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Ronnie Robinson
Orange Master

Looking for top quality gig bag - gator /mono / Reunion blues

Post by Ronnie Robinson » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:38 am

I'm looking to buy a top quality gig bag for my Schecter USA pt, one of the new types with extra strong padding and plenty pockets, one that will give loads of protection yet still be carried over a shoulder.

From doing some research my choice has come down to the Mono Vertigo, Gator Pro go deluxe and Reunion blues Continental....also the Schecter custom shop gig bags. I can't really choose between them to be honest they all look great and offer great protection is anyone using any of these, any comments or recommendations? Cheers
Orange AD30 HTC
Orange Rocker 15 terror
Orange Tiny Terror HW,
Fender elite Start, Gibson SG 61,fender telecaster

Previously Owned - Rocker 30

Ronnie Robinson
Orange Master

Re: Looking for top quality gig bag - gator /mono / Reunion blues

Post by Ronnie Robinson » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:22 am

To add to the mix I've just seen a UK company called Fusion who make gigs bags in Yorkshire, the fusion urban looks very good, with excellent protection and a little cheaper than the USA made ones.... Which is as it should as there only made down the road......
Orange AD30 HTC
Orange Rocker 15 terror
Orange Tiny Terror HW,

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:50 am

I have a roksak premium gig Bag, seems to be exactly what you want. Extremely well padded, has a neck holding insert, excellent gig bag.
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

Ronnie Robinson
Orange Master

Post by Ronnie Robinson » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:30 am

Cheers I'll check them out.
Orange AD30 HTC
Orange Rocker 15 terror
Orange Tiny Terror HW,

Rozz
Tiny Terror

Post by Rozz » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:45 am

Ronnie Robinson wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:22 am
To add to the mix I've just seen a UK company called Fusion who make gigs bags in Yorkshire, the fusion urban looks very good, with excellent protection and a little cheaper than the USA made ones.... Which is as it should as there only made down the road......
I use the Fusion Urban gig bag and it seems like a really well made, protective bag. I even trust my Les Paul in it providing I keep it with me, also fits Tele and Strat fine. There are some good videos on their site that you have probably seen now and also on Youtube. I think Premier guitar have done a review. I have had mine about 6 weeks and use it for all local stuff that I can walk to, but wouldn't hesitate to use it anywhere really. I am thinking about getting the dual bag too but they are out of stock at the moment. They are made in China I think but they have good control over the manufacture, but it does appear to be a very sturdy thing. The Fuse-on add on storage bags are a great idea too, but I don't have any of those yet. Edit, there is a review on Guitar Interactive I just checked. There are a few on the site.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional, Classic and Tribute. Fender American Standard Strat, Fender MIM Tele, Taylor GS Mini
Orange TH30c with G12H30 Anniversary speaker, 2xOrange PPC112 cabs
Roland Blues Cube Artist. CR120H. Dual Terror

Ronnie Robinson
Orange Master

Post by Ronnie Robinson » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:45 pm

Rozz wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:45 am
Ronnie Robinson wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:22 am
I use the Fusion Urban gig bag and it seems like a really well made, protective bag. I even trust my Les Paul in it providing I keep it with me, also fits Tele and Strat fine. There are some good videos on their site that you have probably seen now and also on Youtube. I think Premier guitar have done a review. I have had mine about 6 weeks and use it for all local stuff that I can walk to, but wouldn't hesitate to use it anywhere really. I am thinking about getting the dual bag too but they are out of stock at the moment. They are made in China I think but they have good control over the manufacture, but it does appear to be a very sturdy thing. The Fuse-on add on storage bags are a great idea too, but I don't have any of those yet. Edit, there is a review on Guitar Interactive I just checked. There are a few on the site.
Excellent!! That's what I've decided on and now purchased, 15% off on the fusion website if you u sign up to their newsletter so it became a bit of a no brainer!!
Orange AD30 HTC
Orange Rocker 15 terror
Orange Tiny Terror HW,

Rozz
Tiny Terror

Post by Rozz » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:45 am

Have you received your bag yet Ronnie? What do you think?
Phil
Gibson Les Paul Traditional, Classic and Tribute. Fender American Standard Strat, Fender MIM Tele, Taylor GS Mini
Orange TH30c with G12H30 Anniversary speaker, 2xOrange PPC112 cabs
Roland Blues Cube Artist. CR120H. Dual Terror

Ronnie Robinson
Orange Master

Post by Ronnie Robinson » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:43 pm

Rozz wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:45 am
Have you received your bag yet Ronnie? What do you think?
Phil
Yep excellent quality great protection, I won't think twice about transporting any guitar in it.
Orange AD30 HTC
Orange Rocker 15 terror
Orange Tiny Terror HW,