Clean and Dirty Rocker 32

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Jasflynn

Clean and Dirty Rocker 32

Post by Jasflynn » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:33 am

Hello,

I have a rocker 32 and I’m trying to figure out a way to run clean from one side and od from the other. Any suggestions for od pedals that play well with effects loops?

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Re: Clean and Dirty Rocker 32

Post by Jondog » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:10 pm

Maybe look at preamp type pedals. Mooer make some solid state ones some seem to like. There are more expensive tube pedals that are basically a real tube amp preamp. Haven’t found a drive pedal I liked in a loop, and not really what they’re designed for.

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:11 pm

I think that might sound good as an idea but in application, might not work the way you think.

Even though volume levels might be the same, a cleaner tone and a dirtier tone will sound different in volumes.

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:02 pm

It very much depends on what you're trying to achieve.

So long as you know you will not get the rocker 32 type of dirt by using a pedal through the loop on the clean channel, I'm sure you find something eventually. The rocker dirt is pretty special, I don't know of a pedal that sounds reasonably close.

A TS808 could be worth a shot, a green rhino or other tube screamer variant.
I reckon the mids rich of would blend nicely with a full spectrum clean sound. Just my thought, without any trial.
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

adkguy07
Rocker

Post by adkguy07 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:43 pm

For Orange amp users, I came upon this article that lists the top 5 boost and OD pedals that are recommended for Orange amp users. I'm sure there are other products that are suitable as well.

https://orangeamps.com/articles/technic ... range-amp/

adkguy07

Jasflynn

Post by Jasflynn » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:51 pm

Thanks! A lot of good information. Preamp pedals make sense I’ll check into some of these. I realize it will not be the same dirt as the 32 but could be a cool blend of sound. The wet dry set up on this thing is fantastic!