micro dark/mixer compatability.

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

TopHatCat

micro dark/mixer compatability.

Post by TopHatCat » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:10 am

I am quite new to guitar and looking for my first amp. i have decided in the micro dark head and the ppc108 cab. i was wondering if the 6.35mm speaker output jack on the back of the head would be able to be plugged in to my behringer xenyx q802usb line input for recording purposes.

thank you.

Boy_Narf
Orange Master

Re: micro dark/mixer compatability.

Post by Boy_Narf » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:52 pm

NO!

you can plug the headphone jack on the front into a mixer though. I believe it has a cab sim as well. Only plug speakers into the speaker jack.

caldurham
Rocker

Post by caldurham » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:39 pm

like he said only connect the speaker out to speakers.

i've got one of those xenyx 802 mixers, the non usb kind. i love the thing. i use it to blend 2 different mics to go into my interface. i actually want another one. best $40 i've probably ever spent for recording guitar.

i've never tried the headphone out going into the mixer. with headphones the tone is not that bad at all through the headphone out.

also if you haven't gotten the head with ppc108 yet i'd say just get the head and a good 1x12 cab. you'll probably be a lot happier. the ppc108 is not bad at all for what it is. but it is a 8 inch speaker. not sure if you like vintage 30's or not but thomann sells harley benton 1x12 cabs with v30's for about $130 + shipping. brand new v30's cost more than that.

TopHatCat

Post by TopHatCat » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:30 am

thanks man, that's really helpful. I'll probably get the ppc112. I've heard that paring orange amps with orange cabs is optimal.