Incoming NGD ......Schecter PT USA Custom Shop

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Ronnie Robinson
Orange Master

Incoming NGD ......Schecter PT USA Custom Shop

Post by Ronnie Robinson » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:58 am

Boy am I excited about this..will arrive next week. Been looking for a modern / versatile double Humbucker tele style guitar for a while. Something of good quality and built to a high standard, finally put my hand in my pocket.

Heres a picture from the internet of the same colour/ model that I've bought (in candy apple red)

https://reverb.com/item/404454-schecter ... -apple-red
Orange AD30 HTC
Orange Rocker 15 terror
Orange Tiny Terror HW,
Fender elite Start, Gibson SG 61,fender telecaster

Previously Owned - Rocker 30

satchmodog
Tiny Terror

Re: Incoming NGD ......Schecter PT USA Custom Shop

Post by satchmodog » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:20 pm

That's beautiful. I've become a huge Schecter fan the past several years. For years I discounted them until I played one at a guitar shop and I left with it. I love the necks, the construction feels as solid or more so than any Gibson custom shop and they sound amazing. I'm looking at a Tele, maybe I'll have to look at Schecter

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:41 pm

Looks very nice Ronnie.

People often forget that fender isn t the only option when it comes to Stratocaster and Telecaster.

My Stratocaster is a Vigier Expert, my Telecaster is a G&L ASAT Special Tribute. Just upgraded that last one to locking tuners and proper sting tree too.

That shecter looks really nice. Ashtray without (stupid getting in the way) edges, flat saddles without grub screws sticking out.... i still can't believe fender use these scrappy S saddles with raised grub screws. It's uncomfortable. Why??

Body binding and locking tuner a nice touch too. Graphtech string tree too? Looks like everything that can be made better is better on your shecter!!!!
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:44 pm

Id like to add... if fender isn't the only purveyor of strats and teles, Gibson obviously isn t for LP or whatever.

When I really wanted a strat type guitar and couldn't find a fender to satisfy me at any price, I realised I could look elsewhere....
Ant

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

Ronnie Robinson
Orange Master

Post by Ronnie Robinson » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:29 pm

So it's arrived....Its 5 year old, no 4 of 2013, The quality is amazing, the 12 inch radius board and fretting work the best I've ever seen, neck join, paint finish beautiful , neck pickup country picking through to santana, looks like its hardly been played, very versatile except..... The bridge pickup doesn't work !! (looks like a loose lead) and the action is very high from the 12 fret....incredible with such a flat fret board..... time for a trip to the Luther tomorrow .....

Why don't people.....especially those with high end guitars, keep them in top shape?
Last edited by Ronnie Robinson on Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Orange AD30 HTC
Orange Rocker 15 terror
Orange Tiny Terror HW,

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:23 pm

Ronnie Robinson wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:29 pm
So it's arrived....Its 5 year old, no 4 of 2014, The quality is amazing, the 12 inch radius board and fretting work the best I've ever seen, neck join, paint finish beautiful , neck pickup country picking through to santana, looks like its hardly been played, very versatile except..... The bridge pickup doesn't work !! (looks like a loose lead) and the action is very high from the 12 fret....incredible with such a flat fret board..... time for a trip to the Luther tomorrow .....

Why don't people.....especially those with high end guitars, keep them in top shape?
I hope you'll soon have it sorted to your liking.

12" is the best radius to me. I find my fingers navigate the neck better with those, especially up the neck past the 12th fret. (Or is that down the neck....???)

I've learnt to do my own set up, including neck relief, intonation, action, fret level if needed. It makes looking after your instruments much easier, but not every body is like that.

On my Vigier though..... I only need to change the set up if i change the degree of the floating bridge or set it flat. That neck doesn't move, and with no changes in neck relief, there's nothing else to adjust. Just keep to the same strings, and you're good.

Anyway, when are you dropping it to your Luthier? A bit anticlimactic really, getting the guitar to realise you'll have to wait a little for it to play well.
Ant

Ronnie Robinson
Orange Master

Post by Ronnie Robinson » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:03 am

Dropping it off this morning and will be ready to pick up when I finish work, so not much of a wait now!
Orange AD30 HTC
Orange Rocker 15 terror
Orange Tiny Terror HW,

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:05 am

Did you get it back? How does it play now?
Ant

OrangePaul
Orange Master

Post by OrangePaul » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:07 pm

Looks very nice! Hope it works out
Paul.

Ronnie Robinson
Orange Master

Post by Ronnie Robinson » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:27 am

Les Paul Lover wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:05 am
Did you get it back? How does it play now?
Uterly superb, the craftsmanship is off the chart, especially the neck which is fantastic to play, I've never seen such quality of fret work. It's really in tune all over the neck which really contrasts against my Gibsons and although it's got humbuckers they sound like fat singlecoils than easily cover anything a normal telecaster can do and much more. Much better upper fret access than my USA telecaster and incredible sustain all over the neck. Yes it's good!
Orange AD30 HTC
Orange Rocker 15 terror
Orange Tiny Terror HW,