Orange Crush 60c and speakers

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

guipaes

Orange Crush 60c and speakers

Post by guipaes » Thu May 31, 2018 6:11 pm

Hi everyone,

I have a Crush 60c (recently bought).

I'm thinking about experimenting with some speakers. I tend to find the Vintage 30 too spiky in the upper mids, and the VOTW speaker is clearly a V30 inspired speaker.

I have a Celestion G12H creamback here, but it's 8Ohm. Do you know if it's possible to use a 8 Ohm speaker with the Crush, given it's a solid state amp? Which impact using a 8Ohm speaker will have on the amp sound?

Also, anyone experimented with different speakers with the 60c? What are your experiences?

Thanks,
Gui

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Re: Orange Crush 60c and speakers

Post by bclaire » Thu May 31, 2018 6:29 pm

If it normally has a 16 ohm speaker, generally speaking, an 8 ohm speaker in a solidstate amp would result in half the wattage.

blues4jesus

Re: Orange Crush 60c and speakers

Post by blues4jesus » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:35 am

Hey there,,
Im usually a change out the speakers guy, But once the VOW speakers break in they are phenominal speakers. Id say simular to Greenbacks with an edge. I planned on putting WGS speakers in my combo but I dont feel the need I can get any sound I need from these. Just give an ear to Dave Simpson's how many tones can you get.. series on youtube.. reall thet stock amp is all you need. But Id be curious what other speakers do sound like in these cr60's. Anyway you got a great amp Bro enjoy it and dont fall into the upgrade trap unless you really hate the speakers in it,
Good Luck :)