Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Wired
Orange Master

NGD!!!! First in 8 years!

Post by Wired » Wed May 16, 2018 3:18 am

ImageIMG_20180515_162527 by Luke Kowand, on Flickr

boom! Tele time!

I wasn't going to do this so quickly... but I told my friends back at my the store I used to work at a decade ago to keep their eyes open for a Tele. I gave them a few stipulations:

$1500 CAD budget
American Professional or Elite preferred, but special is okay.
no natural finishes or black finishes
preference for blue or red.

They called me today (3 days after I put in the request) and said "hey a mystic seafoam green professional just got traded in. come down and take a look"

I hummed and haw'd, Mystic Seafoam...barf. But I got out of some work meetings early and popped in. I spotted it hiding on a stand behind the counter and thought "that doesn't look too bad..." it has a maple neck, okay sure I got a ton of rosewood so maybe I should have maple guitar. Something very different than the rest of my stable of guitars.

I plugged it in, give it a whirl. 9's on her... kinda sloppy but the neck feels great. the colour really started to grow on me as I looked at it more and more. So I decided why not and pulled the trigger. I just finished stringing it up with some 11-52 with a wound third. My fingers are still building up strength not playing for a few years, but it feels really good. Has a nice growl and bite too it.

I was going to swap out the pickups for a Duncan Antiquity bridge and a Custom shop Twisted Tele I have in my parts bin...but so far running through my POD HD500 it actually sings really nicely. I'm not gigging right now (and wont be for a while) so I'm thinking this will be more than fine.

Very happy to have a Telecaster again!
-LK
RV50, Vox AC30, Gibson LP Trad '14, Gibson ES-335 '04, PRS Cu24 '10, Fender Tele Pro, Gretsch Powerjet

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Re: NGD!!!! First in 8 years!

Post by bclaire » Wed May 16, 2018 9:53 am

Wow... what a beautiful color!

Love it - great score!

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Wed May 16, 2018 11:40 am

Great looking Tele! Congrats

oban14

Post by oban14 » Wed May 16, 2018 3:56 pm

Fantastic man very happy for you. Its a true beauty.

Wired
Orange Master

Post by Wired » Wed May 16, 2018 4:05 pm

thanks I really like it. They did some really neat subtle changes to the Professional series... now I haven't looked at guitars in 5 years so maybe it's normal now... but the brass compensated saddles are brilliant!
-LK
RV50, Vox AC30, Gibson LP Trad '14, Gibson ES-335 '04, PRS Cu24 '10, Fender Tele Pro, Gretsch Powerjet