direct-recording rocker 15 terror

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

voi666

direct-recording rocker 15 terror

Post by voi666 » Fri May 11, 2018 2:31 pm

hi everyone, new to the forums. i hope, someone can help me out here.

i'm trying to record my r15t at home. signal chain is r15t->two notes captor->interface->reaper.

i know that henning pauly records direct to his two notes studio. i have the wall of sound plugin and a few cabs that came with the captor.
unfortunately everything i tried sounded way to muddy. the sound i'm looking for is pretty much what henning got in his demo > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUbfOzbtxJo&t=788s

any ideas what cabs/mics to use. i'm open to ir providers other than two notes. can this be achieved without a massive amount of post production?

thanks
frank

Old School

Re: direct-recording rocker 15 terror

Post by Old School » Fri May 11, 2018 10:36 pm

gain control no higher than 2 o clock
headroom mode full setting
tubescreamer type pedal, i use a maxon od808, drive 9 o clock, level maxxed and tone to taste
tone controls all at 12 o clock

i also have a catalinbread plate reverb pedal in front of mine and a diamond cpr1 compressor to add huge sustain. in terms of gain this combination of pedals tightens up the bottom end and there is enough drive to tear your face off. without a tubescreamer type pedal the low end is a lot looser and more suited to early 70s rock and blues like mountain. my set up can cover 80s metal tones with ease, you get the right pedals and you can nail any tone you want, the rocker terror 15 head is a killer amp which loves greenback speakers and id run a mile from a v30, hope this helps.
Fender USA Ash Telecaster
Orange Rocker Terror 15 Head
Sonic Research ST300 turbo tuner
Diamond CPR1 Compressor
TC Electronic Sentry
CAE MC 404 Wah
Catalinbread Talisman Reverb
MXR 234 Analogue Chorus
Naga Viper
Suhr Riot
Zilla 1x12 Cab with Greenback