Pairing Orange Crush pro 60 with extension cab?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

EDawg

Pairing Orange Crush pro 60 with extension cab?

Post by EDawg » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:52 pm

Hello all, I'm new to the whole paring amps with cabs business. Ive been wondering if its worth the money to get a 2x12 extension cab for this amp. I was debating between either an orange 2x12 or a marshall. I'm not here with questions about the tone (yet) but I am wondering how to match Amp watts and cab watts, will it be louder and like I said worth the money? I plan to get a tube amp sometime in the future so the cab I purchase for my current solid state 60 watt orange will eventually be used for a tube amp.
So how do i match cab wattage to this amp?

OU818
Orange Master

Re: Pairing Orange Crush pro 60 with extension cab?

Post by OU818 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:34 pm

You won't so much need to worry about wattage. As long as the 2x12 can handle the 60 watts (or 30 watts if pairing it with the internal speaker) you will be fine.

Just make sure that the extension cabinet you get is 16ohm as the Crush Pro has a minimum load of 8ohm total. If you wire in another 16 ohm cabinet with the internal speaker you will have a total load of 8ohm which is fine. Avoid 8ohm cabinets.

Will it be louder? Yes. More speakers = more displacement. So the more air being pushed the louder it will sound.
Orange Gear:
AD200B MkIII
OBC810

Non-Orange:
Bergantino NXT212
Bergantino Forte D
Woogie Lessie
Laney DBV-410

Basses:
Ernie Ball Stingray 4H
Rickenbacker 4003
Gibson Midtown Signature