I'm getting my first REAL Strat!

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

mici88
Tiny Terror

I'm getting my first REAL Strat!

Post by mici88 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:36 pm

I have to share the news with you because now, at last, that day has come. I'm getting my first REAL strat.

Fender Stratocaster ’54 Reissue Made in Japan 1993. I'm excited as hell, because I feel like I'll be rediscovering guitar again - last years I've playing mostly heavy genres on V-shaped guitars.

Wish me good luck, hope my Rockerverb MK1 50w will like the new axe!

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Re: I'm getting my first REAL Strat!

Post by Les Paul Lover » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:18 pm

Congrats!!!!

I hope you'll like the narrow radius and vintage frets profile.
A strat through a RV50 MKI is a beautiful thing....... ;)

Enjoy!!!!
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:45 pm

That is a beautiful guitar!

I think you'll find it sounds great with the RV50. Should you find it lacking in any way, try an EP Boost pedal... there's something about an Echoplex preamp with a Strat that's pretty sweet.

Norrin Radd
Duke of Orange

Post by Norrin Radd » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:47 am

A Strat through a MK1 is what sold me on my RV50 over a decade ago. Still sounds awesome today (even if I prefer it with the Tele now). :wink:

Congrats on that beautiful baby girl! 8)
Greg

Rlw59
Rocker

Post by Rlw59 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:36 am

Oooooh, that is indeed a REAL Strat. Sweet.

Not a gussied up modernized Strat like an American Standard. That's pretty faithful to what Leo and Freddie Tavares designed.

I've never had any issues with 7.25" fretboard radius or narrow frets. Maybe because I got my first Strat in '76 before there was an internet to tell me that you can't bend strings with those specs.

My partsocaster has 7.25 radius and narrow frets. My Explorer is 12" with medium jumbos. I like them both, and I don't want them to feel the same.
-----------------------
The Japanese Reissues have impeccable woodwork and build quality. When FMIC bought Fender from CBS in '85, they made it their goal to improve the American Fenders to Fender Japan build quality.

Some of the Japan Reissues have good pickups, electronics, and trem block. Others are a little weak in those catagories.

I don't want to plant the urge to modify a "vintage" guitar in your head. It may be absolutely great as is.

But if those parts aren't completely satisfying, they're easy upgrades. And then it'll rival just about any American Reissue.

mici88
Tiny Terror

Post by mici88 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:56 pm

Rlw59 wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:36 am
Oooooh, that is indeed a REAL Strat. Sweet.

Not a gussied up modernized Strat like an American Standard. That's pretty faithful to what Leo and Freddie Tavares designed.

I've never had any issues with 7.25" fretboard radius or narrow frets. Maybe because I got my first Strat in '76 before there was an internet to tell me that you can't bend strings with those specs.

My partsocaster has 7.25 radius and narrow frets. My Explorer is 12" with medium jumbos. I like them both, and I don't want them to feel the same.
-----------------------
The Japanese Reissues have impeccable woodwork and build quality. When FMIC bought Fender from CBS in '85, they made it their goal to improve the American Fenders to Fender Japan build quality.

Some of the Japan Reissues have good pickups, electronics, and trem block. Others are a little weak in those catagories.

I don't want to plant the urge to modify a "vintage" guitar in your head. It may be absolutely great as is.

But if those parts aren't completely satisfying, they're easy upgrades. And then it'll rival just about any American Reissue.
I understand what you mean!

I believe that it won't be "little weak in those catagories" because I bought it from respected seller who is well known around. He runs a small business where he buys up selected japanese guitars (Fenders, Greco, Tokai, Charvel and so on), renovates them, does a complete set up. Long story short: lots of people trust him and so do I :)

However I'm thinking about hot rails. It's just a thought for now, first I want to hear how it sounds as stock.