Are Orange Amps getting it right????

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Dexter211275
Tiny Terror

Re: Are Orange Amps getting it right????

Post by Dexter211275 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:24 am

100 watt heads switchable down to lower wattage are still expensive and someone who doesn't need 100 watts isn't going to pay that price. Only a small number of people really need a 100 watt amp and thats exactly why they didn't sell and were discontinued. A 100 watt head around $2k and a 50 watt head around $1500 or even a 30 watt head around $1k makes much more sense. No reason they can't have two different wattage amps like they do with the RV and DD series. They can afford to produce a very expensive custom shop OR50 but can't afford to produce non custom and less expensive 50 and 100 watt OR or TH? They can afford to produce a ton of 15 watt amps...Mesa, Marshall and even Friedman, who is much smaller than Orange and handwires most their amps, can afford to make different wattage versions of all their amps (even the combos), no reason Orange can't. They simply choose not to which means those off us doing more than playing in our bedrooms or garages have to look elsewhere for amps which is a shame because I like Orange.

Gray
Orange Expert

Post by Gray » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:44 am

The CS50 is a special order, it's not like they've got a warehouse of them sitting around.

And once again, they've made 30/50w versions of virtually all their amps at one time or another, and most have been discontinued.

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:53 am

I don’t know why it even matters really. If you don’t like what they offer, there’s plenty else out there in the economy level higher wattage amp range. Orange know their business best and if it works for them I think thats great for them. They make awesome amps and what you see is what you get is what it comes down to.

Gray
Orange Expert

Post by Gray » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:58 am

Jondog wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:53 am
I don’t know why it even matters really. If you don’t like what they offer, there’s plenty else out there in the economy level higher wattage amp range. Orange know their business best and if it works for them I think thats great for them. They make awesome amps and what you see is what you get is what it comes down to.
For real. If I wanted a Mesa or a Marshall I would've bought one, not like I couldn't for the same amount of money. I know why i'm here, some other people i'm not so sure about. :roll:

toadfish

Post by toadfish » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:36 pm

Firstly gday to all from Australia! First post but if it's a general are Orange getting it right? The AMPS are great! (Played them first in the 70s!) But try buying them in Australia! The Australian agent's asleep at the wheel! Won't answer questions! Just a general couldn't care less attitude! (Didn't even know the Brent Hines amp existed) had 1 jim root amp in Australia for a demo amp! That amp travels the country as the mouthpiece for Orange and has tubes that are burnt out! Smells like an electrical fire has taken place inside it! And me and my band mate's played the orange amps game! Go into a Orange Amp agency tell them your interested in an Orange Amp and wait!(this may take a few year's!! And 10 to 20 phone calls) when the Amp arrives at the agent play it!! (As it's a demo amp guaranteed!!) Now tell them to order you new one in!! And you watch there faces change!! You won't and cannot order a brand new unboxed Orange Amp in Australia! They're ALL USED!

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:42 pm

toadfish wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:36 pm
Firstly gday to all from Australia! First post but if it's a general are Orange getting it right? The AMPS are great! (Played them first in the 70s!) But try buying them in Australia! The Australian agent's asleep at the wheel! Won't answer questions! Just a general couldn't care less attitude! (Didn't even know the Brent Hines amp existed) had 1 jim root amp in Australia for a demo amp! That amp travels the country as the mouthpiece for Orange and has tubes that are burnt out! Smells like an electrical fire has taken place inside it! And me and my band mate's played the orange amps game! Go into a Orange Amp agency tell them your interested in an Orange Amp and wait!(this may take a few year's!! And 10 to 20 phone calls) when the Amp arrives at the agent play it!! (As it's a demo amp guaranteed!!) Now tell them to order you new one in!! And you watch there faces change!! You won't and cannot order a brand new unboxed Orange Amp in Australia! They're ALL USED!
That seems so strange in a country that big.

OU818
Orange Master

Post by OU818 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:37 am

Jondog wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:42 pm
toadfish wrote:
It’s also quite inaccurate. I’ve bought 4 of my Orange amps new in box without ordering them first.
Orange Gear:
AD200B MkIII
OBC810

Non-Orange:
Bergantino NXT212
Bergantino Forte D
Woogie Lessie
Laney DBV-410

Basses:
Ernie Ball Stingray 4H
Rickenbacker 4003
Gibson Midtown Signature
Gibson Thunderbird
Gibson Nikki Sixx Thunderbird
Gibson Les Paul Bass

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:26 am

OU818 wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:37 am
Jondog wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:42 pm
toadfish wrote:
It’s also quite inaccurate. I’ve bought 4 of my Orange amps new in box without ordering them first.
I figured couldn’t be entirely true. Regionally maybe. Many Aussies here that have never said that before.

Dexter211275
Tiny Terror

Post by Dexter211275 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:47 am

Dark Helmet wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:18 pm

My wager is that Musikmesse will bring a 50th anniversary OR50 with some crazy paint schemes and an effects loop.... the chasis certainly can handle it and I'm fairly certain the circuit doesn't pose any native challenges to adding it into the path either.
I should have made a bet with you because Musikmesse is only two days away and we haven't heard a thing. If Orange was indeed releasing something major, we would have heard by now. So for their 50th anniversary, we get two nearly identical little 15 watt amps and an even smaller mini amp, just sad.

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:59 am

Dexter211275 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:47 am
Dark Helmet wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:18 pm

My wager is that Musikmesse will bring a 50th anniversary OR50 with some crazy paint schemes and an effects loop.... the chasis certainly can handle it and I'm fairly certain the circuit doesn't pose any native challenges to adding it into the path either.
I should have made a bet with you because Musikmesse is only two days away and we haven't heard a thing. If Orange was indeed releasing something major, we would have heard by now. So for their 50th anniversary, we get two nearly identical little 15 watt amps and an even smaller mini amp, just sad.
They haven’t hinted anything, but they’ve kept quiet before. A lunchbox OR120 type may be in the works.

OU818
Orange Master

Post by OU818 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:50 pm

Man I hope they release another couple of 15 watt lunchbox amps at Musikmesse. Maybe a 5 watt combo with a neo 8” speaker for grab and go gigs.
Orange Gear:
AD200B MkIII
OBC810

Non-Orange:
Bergantino NXT212
Bergantino Forte D
Woogie Lessie
Laney DBV-410

Basses:
Ernie Ball Stingray 4H
Rickenbacker 4003
Gibson Midtown Signature
Gibson Thunderbird
Gibson Nikki Sixx Thunderbird
Gibson Les Paul Bass

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:36 pm

OU818 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:50 pm
Man I hope they release another couple of 15 watt lunchbox amps at Musikmesse. Maybe a 5 watt combo with a neo 8” speaker for grab and go gigs.
An AD5 reissue would be great. Still is the best little 5 watter I've ever tried.
Simply smoked the competition.
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

Dexter211275
Tiny Terror

Post by Dexter211275 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:43 pm

OU818 wrote:
I sense the sarcasm. Well played.

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:20 pm

Dexter211275 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:43 pm
OU818 wrote:
Glad you can take some ribbing. :P

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:50 pm

Jondog wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:20 pm
Dexter211275 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:43 pm
OU818 wrote:
Glad you can take some ribbing. :P
Ribbing? Like the ribbing seen on EL84 plates?
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute