Bax Bangeetar Question and Answer Session 1

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Orange Sunshine

Bax Bangeetar Question and Answer Session 1

Post by Orange Sunshine » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:47 pm

Hello,
I got a Bax yesterday and am wondering what kind of battery life you folks are getting. I've had it go dead on me twice. It started back up when I put in a new battery today, but only lasted a few hours. I didn't leave it connected overnight. The batteries seemed to have some life left in them, judging by the taste of them. I bought it new and have sent a message to the authorized seller. But I would like to learn from you how long batteries should last in it. Please let me know your experiences. Judging by the weight of this thing it could eat them for breakfast. I'm looking forward to more time with it so long as I don't have to feed it by hand. :)
Last edited by Orange Sunshine on Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Re: Bax Bangeetar Question and Answer Session 1

Post by Les Paul Lover » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:56 pm

Use a power supply adaptor.
Batteries will get eaten fast.

Seriously.
I don't know how power hungry it is, bit i guess you'll only get 5 to 15h power with a good 9v.
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:33 pm

Huh... I've only used mine occasionally and I still have the first batteries in it....

Stu Cazz
Rocker

Post by Stu Cazz » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:50 pm

I still have the battery that came with it. Don't use it with batteries at all, works best with 12 volts via power supply.

But I use rechargeable batteries with my Micro Crush and sometimes with some other pedals. Better for the planet and your pocket!
Micro Crush/Crush Pix 12L/Micro Terror/TH30 Head with 2x PPC112/Bax Bangeetar

Orange Sunshine

Post by Orange Sunshine » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:33 pm

Thanks Guys, I have a Two Stroke and it doesn't eat batteries the way my Bax does. And since Billy is still using his original battery I think my Bax should be looked at by Orange, or exchanged through the seller. I'm still communicating with the seller.

I've had a warranty claim through Orange in the past and they were fantastic to work with. My AD30TCH arrived with a bad tube but has played fine ever since.

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:18 am

Don't use me as an indicator though because I rarely use mine....