Orange Terror bass 1000 troubleshooting?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

SpaceCowboy37

Orange Terror bass 1000 troubleshooting?

Post by SpaceCowboy37 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:18 am

Hey guys,

I recently bought online a brand new TB1000 that I’ve always wanted, and you know how hard it is nowadays to find one new and at a reasonable price, so I went ahead and bought it. I didn’t pay enough attention to the fact it’s got speakon outputs and my only cab, a GK Backline 410BLX-II (400 watts at 8 ohms) only got 1/4’ input.

I went ahead and bought two speakon to 1/4’ cables, tried each one individually and nothing happened. Impedance was set alright, my instrument or the pedalboard was not the problem but not getting anything out of the amp if connecting it from the speakon output directly to the 1/4’ input on the cab.

I’m really desperate, because I feel like my amp is defective and if so the chances of getting the exact same one are growing shorter by the minute. Please help!

*Important info* I did tried the amp thru the DI, into a mixer and out a set of amplified 600 watt speakers (that only got 1/4’ inputs) and worked just fine (so I know it wasn’t the instrument input on the TB1000) and I tried my cab with another head I’ve got and worked just fine so it’s not the cab either.

Am I doing something wrong? Did I miss something in the speakon 101 class?

Rlw59
Rocker

Re: Orange Terror bass 1000 troubleshooting?

Post by Rlw59 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:24 am

I get the feeling you don't have a multimeter. Because you didn't mention testing the adapter cables.

While very unlikely, it's possible they made a bad batch and forgot to connect something.

Do you live near a decent music store? You could try plugging the TB into a cab that has Speakon inputs.