Orange TH100 will not take pedals

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Topaazy

Re: Orange TH100 will not take pedals

Post by Topaazy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:53 pm

Hey.
I have a TH30 re-tubed with JJs. The clean channel is a phenomenal pedal platform in my opinion but it is picky.

Do buy

OCD Fulltone - great transparent OD which is vital on the mid-heavy Orange amps - works great to break up the clean channel for blues tones as well as adding a crunchy tighter low end to the dirty channel if needed for high gain stuff

Pharaoh Fuzz - my Big Muff unfortunately just sounded flabby but this chap is just as huge and provides so many options for fuzzed out tones and the TH30 took to it like a stoned pig in desert pile of poop.

Boss GE7 - I love the shape control but one of these in your loop is a must if you want to expand the eq on tap on this amp. After revalving the fizziness of the dirty channel fricked off for me but before I made that change this pedal solved any issues.

Avalanche Run / Dispatch Master / Memory Boy - the effects loop is lush on the TH30 and these three work perfectly for me.

Do Not Buy

Any tubescreamer/clone - the mid-hump in these pedals doesn't suit the mid push on Orange amps and just sound too barky.

Big Muff - muddy flabby mess in my experience which is a shame as this pedal is obviously the pile of poop! Just doesn't suit the TH30

Hope this helps.