Crush 12 died

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Cam977

Crush 12 died

Post by Cam977 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:26 pm

Hi,
So this has happened before but now my amp is out of warranty.

My amp has had a part of the internals die on me, this means it doesn't make any sound whatsoever and now it isn't even turning on. Apparently it's from chaining too many pedals.

Advice on repairs?

Rlw59
Rocker

Re: Crush 12 died

Post by Rlw59 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:44 pm

Pedals shouldn't have damaged your amp. If you had the amp cranked up and ran a big boost or fuzz into it, that might maybe have killed it. It's a light duty inexpensive practice amp not really meant to be pushed to the limits. If you weren't pushing it, it's crappy that it broke twice, but bad luck happens.

A tech will charge you more to fix it than a new one costs. If you have a friend that likes to fix things, that's pretty much the only hope. (I'm assuming that since you're asking, you don't know how to fix it -- diagnosing the problem, ordering the correct parts, and learning how to work on circuit boards is pretty advanced.)

For the cost of a new one you could buy a used Micro Terror head and use the Crush as a speaker cab.

Or just bite the bullet and buy a new combo. $99 will get you a better used amp on craigslist.

I'm assuming the warranty was for a year? It would have been better if it lasted longer and I'm sorry it didn't, but 27 cents a day isn't terrible.