Opinion on pedal chain for Tiny Terror?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

N7sotvomike

Opinion on pedal chain for Tiny Terror?

Post by N7sotvomike » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:56 am

Hello everyone! First time to the boards but have owned several Orange amps in the past 8 years. First was a Thunderverb 50 head and 4x12 cab. Then a Dual Terror and 2x12 cab. Then a Micro Terror and Jim Root cab. I just acquired a Tiny Terror combo and 1x12 cab in a trade. I'm redoing my pedal board and adding some new pedals. Wanted to know your opinion what would be the best chain. I plan on running the TT as clean as possible and using the pedals for dirt.

Current chain: Boss TU3 Chromatic Tuner - Vox Wah - Electro Harmonix C9 - Fulltone OCD - BBE Boosta Grande

New pedals adding in: MXR Carbon Copy and MXR Super Comp.

So, opinions on arrangement including the new pedals and why? And if you've used these pedals with the TT, what settings got the best results? We play classic rock, and I use the C9 in the Jon Lord setting into the OCD to get a great Deep Purple distorted organ sound. Also read online that the OCD and Boosta work well together when the Boosta is after the OCD. But, would like to hear your opinions.

Thanks!

mici88
Tiny Terror

Re: Opinion on pedal chain for Tiny Terror?

Post by mici88 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:53 am

N7sotvomike wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:56 am
Hello everyone! First time to the boards but have owned several Orange amps in the past 8 years. First was a Thunderverb 50 head and 4x12 cab. Then a Dual Terror and 2x12 cab. Then a Micro Terror and Jim Root cab. I just acquired a Tiny Terror combo and 1x12 cab in a trade. I'm redoing my pedal board and adding some new pedals. Wanted to know your opinion what would be the best chain. I plan on running the TT as clean as possible and using the pedals for dirt.

Current chain: Boss TU3 Chromatic Tuner - Vox Wah - Electro Harmonix C9 - Fulltone OCD - BBE Boosta Grande

New pedals adding in: MXR Carbon Copy and MXR Super Comp.

So, opinions on arrangement including the new pedals and why? And if you've used these pedals with the TT, what settings got the best results? We play classic rock, and I use the C9 in the Jon Lord setting into the OCD to get a great Deep Purple distorted organ sound. Also read online that the OCD and Boosta work well together when the Boosta is after the OCD. But, would like to hear your opinions.

Thanks!
I'd go TU3>Wah>C9>Comp>OCD>Boosta>Carbon Copy but that's just me. You can experiment with comp placement - some people put it in front of chain, some dead last - try it yourself.

I know it will sound crazy, but you can experiment with Carbon Copy in front of gain section. If you keep Mix and Regen pretty low (between 8:00 and 9:00) you can get old echoplex-style delay like Eddie Van Halen.

Boy_Narf
Orange Master

Re: Opinion on pedal chain for Tiny Terror?

Post by Boy_Narf » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:52 pm

I suggest going the other way. Use the amp for gain and hit a pedal to clean it up. Check out the Evolution Under Drive. Could also use a standard eq pedal.