Back in the Orange Club- Rocker 30 in da House!! (With effects loop)

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Jimmyohio

Back in the Orange Club- Rocker 30 in da House!! (With effects loop)

Post by Jimmyohio » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:33 pm

It has been about 6 years since I owned a Dual Terror. I have also owned a Tiny Terror, TH30 and Rocker 30 (twice). To this day the Rocker 30 is the single best rock amp that I have ever owned. Glorious British crunch that is fat, raw and punchy. The only thing keeping me from getting another Rocker 30 is the lack of an effects loop. Two days ago a guy offered to sell me his R30 for a great price. He had an FJA effects loop installed in this amp. I did not hesitate to snatch it up. I am back in the Orange camp and all is right with the world. I was hoping to post pictures but I can’t seem to get my pics out of Photobucket and into this post. :(. *********Got the pics to work******** :mrgreen:
Last edited by Jimmyohio on Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Re: Back in the Orange Club- Rocker 30 in da House!! (With effects loop)

Post by Jondog » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:05 pm

Awesome! Congrats. My favourite amp

Jimmyohio

Post by Jimmyohio » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:55 pm

Just got done cranking it up. The family is out shopping for Black Friday. When the cats away Jimmy will play! Man I missed the raw, punchy crunch of this amp. I have an Earthquaker Devices Dispatch Master in the loop adding some Reverb and slight delay but man it sounds awesome. :shock:
Can’t wait to get it to band practice and run it through my Avatar 2x12 with V30’s. One of the keys to keeping it fat and not too bright is to run the mids very low. I have it around 2-3 on the knob.
This amp loves my Les Paul.

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:01 pm

Is it a solid state or tube loop? I’m curious to see the work inside. I found the better placement is where the “warning” label is, where FJA put their decal. Not that it makes any difference, I just geek out on these things.

Jimmyohio

Post by Jimmyohio » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:19 pm

Jondog wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:01 pm
Is it a solid state or tube loop? I’m curious to see the work inside. I found the better placement is where the “warning” label is, where FJA put their decal. Not that it makes any difference, I just geek out on these things.
I have to be honest I have not even opened her up yet to check. I know that the loop is dead quiet and very transparent. FJA seems to have done a good job with the loop.

onetracker
Rocker

Post by onetracker » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:26 pm

Jimmyohio wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:55 pm
Just got done cranking it up. The family is out shopping for Black Friday. When the cats away Jimmy will play! Man I missed the raw, punchy crunch of this amp. I have an Earthquaker Devices Dispatch Master in the loop adding some Reverb and slight delay but man it sounds awesome. :shock:
Can’t wait to get it to band practice and run it through my Avatar 2x12 with V30’s. One of the keys to keeping it fat and not too bright is to run the mids very low. I have it around 2-3 on the knob.
This amp loves my Les Paul.
too bright? i run my mids and highs cranked and the bass extra low or off. gives me that almost jcm 800-ish grind.
what can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof