Any way I can run the dual terror into the power section of a peavey windsor 100watt head?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Re: Any way I can run the dual terror into the power section of a peavey windsor 100watt head?

Post by bclaire » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:30 pm

Rlw59 wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:00 pm
It would be great if GT57D would check back into his thread and give us more details about exactly what he wants to do. And his budget.

If he wants to run his DT & speaker and just add his Windsor as a slave amp, a $50 DI box is all he needs. (Like all guitar gear, you can spend a lot more on a DI if you want to.)

The Marshall SE100 is a super versatile box. Attenuator, load box, straight line-out, speaker emulated line-out. He could send the DT signal to the Windsor and the PA at the same (or use the speaker emulated line-out for recording).

Groove Tubes actually made the SE100 for Marshall, and also made their own version. GT's speaker emulation was more greenback-ish, the Marshall version was more G12T75-ish.

Palmer has a current-production speaker simulator. More expensive but comes with a warranty and no need to scour ebay, reverb, craigslist.

But GT57D may have no need for the speaker-emulation feature.
I don't think GT made them - they just licensed the circuitry to Marshall if I remember right...

Rlw59
Rocker

Re: Any way I can run the dual terror into the power section of a peavey windsor 100watt head?

Post by Rlw59 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:02 pm

That might very well be. I just mentioned the GT in case he has trouble finding a Marshall.