Orange Two Stroke OD

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

cddsix
Tiny Terror

Orange Two Stroke OD

Post by cddsix » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:56 am

I can't believe I have not heard of this until a few days ago. A poster on this forum mentioned it to me and I now have one and am so blown away, I never would have imagined having such a versatile EQ, you could fix any amps EQ issues with this I think.
I am putting it in the effects loop on my RV50 and TH30 and the results are simply amazing, highly recommended

langmurf
Rocker

Re: Orange Two Stroke OD

Post by langmurf » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:30 am

The reviews have been stellar. Do you think it makes a difference for low volume stuff?

In any event; congrats on getting a piece of gear that puts a smile on your face!
Orange Rocker 15 Combo, Orange Two Stroke
2007 Gibson Melody Maker; Cort Steinberger

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:03 am

To be honest, all the Orange pedals seem to be great.

I quite fancy them all really..... :oops:
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

bfitz
Orange Expert

Post by bfitz » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:07 am

I really want one of these! I used to do sound with a midas desk a few years back and the eq was similar where you can scan the range and find bad frequencies and drop them out .. though with this pedal im sure you'd find good ones and boost them. Seems like a really powerful pedal and not crazy money either. Orange's pedal range is pretty cool.

Orange AD30
Groove Tubes Soul-O 75
Orange PPC 212 OB
Boss Nextone 40
Fender CIJ Pink Paisley Tele
Fender Classic Player Strat 50s
Yamaha SA1200s
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Jnr

cddsix
Tiny Terror

Post by cddsix » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:02 pm

Langmurf, I do think it makes a difference at any volume, I usually play at fairly low volumes.

At first I was wishing it had a MIddle freq adjustment, then I realized that the Bass range adjustment can get into Middle ranges. I like cutting mids a little, so I just put the Bass range adjust on about 6 out of ten, then cut it a bit....amazing

langmurf
Rocker

Post by langmurf » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:12 pm

cddsix wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:02 pm
Langmurf, I do think it makes a difference at any volume, I usually play at fairly low volumes.

At first I was wishing it had a MIddle freq adjustment, then I realized that the Bass range adjustment can get into Middle ranges. I like cutting mids a little, so I just put the Bass range adjust on about 6 out of ten, then cut it a bit....amazing
Thanks, cddsix! Man... pretty sure I'm going to pick one up. Do you use it in front of the amp or in the loop?

cddsix
Tiny Terror

Post by cddsix » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:11 pm

I use this EQ in the loop, all Orange amps I've owned sound worlds better with an EQ in the loop. I've never had much luck running an EQ in front on any amp.
I wouldn't necessarily go out and buy one unless you feel the amp is not delivering enough EQ adjustment, for me I could not get enough treble out of my setup, so needed some more range

langmurf
Rocker

Post by langmurf » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:04 pm

cddsix wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:11 pm
I use this EQ in the loop, all Orange amps I've owned sound worlds better with an EQ in the loop. I've never had much luck running an EQ in front on any amp.
I wouldn't necessarily go out and buy one unless you feel the amp is not delivering enough EQ adjustment, for me I could not get enough treble out of my setup, so needed some more range
I'll find out on Friday... just ordered one from Amazon (BD gift card, yay!).

Really looking forward to using this with my R15. And I'll def stick it in the loop. First time I'll have ever used a loop!

Will report back after I've had a go with it.

cddsix
Tiny Terror

Post by cddsix » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:22 pm

Wow, that is cool. I usually cut the 400h range a bit (bass knob) and boost the 3kh range (treble)
If you have a hard time deciding how to set it, just look online and find out what lo/mid/hi range settings usually are for guitar mixes, and pick what you want to boost or cut.

langmurf
Rocker

Post by langmurf » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:51 pm

cddsix wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:22 pm
Wow, that is cool. I usually cut the 400h range a bit (bass knob) and boost the 3kh range (treble)
If you have a hard time deciding how to set it, just look online and find out what lo/mid/hi range settings usually are for guitar mixes, and pick what you want to boost or cut.
I don't think I'll have any problems setting it up. I trust my ears. :D

langmurf
Rocker

Post by langmurf » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:46 am

Absolutely loving the Two Stroke! It’s great for adding a wee bit of highs when playing at low volume in 0.5w mode. It’s great, period! Man, the way one can get so many different tones... crazy good. Very happy I got it!

Thanks so much cddsix for your original post; much appreciated!

cddsix
Tiny Terror

Post by cddsix » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:30 pm

Glad you liked it, funny thing, someone told me about it on this forum a couple of weeks before I told you, so I was fairly new to it also.