Carvin amps, closing after 70 years

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Carvin amps, closing after 70 years

Post by Jondog » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:24 am

Kinda sad to hear a long lasting amp company going out of business. Played a few over the years, decent amps.
https://youtu.be/9Ipbo8SKXjY

Carvin Audio Closes Factory, Will Liquidate Assets

Carvin Audio has announced that—after 70 years in operation—it is closing its San Diego factory and liquidating the entirety of its stock.

In a Facebook post, Carvin wrote "It is with a heavy heart that we announce that the Carvin Audio factory will be closing its doors after over 70 years. We are thankful for the many years we've had in this business and the support you all have given us."

"We'd like to thank all of you for your devotion to our gear and championing us live, in the studio, and on social media," the statement continued. "We hope to see our gear live on in your musical lives for many years to come!"

All items on the Carvin Audio website have been marked down by 25 percent, and all sales on items are final.

The future of the company at this moment in time remains uncertain.

Kiesel and Carvin Guitars are unaffected by the closure, and will remain in business as before.

Liquidation sale
https://carvinaudio.com

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Re: Carvin amps, closing after 70 years

Post by Les Paul Lover » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:14 pm

That's a shame..... one less player in the market. :(

Must say I've never seen one outside of the internet. Good reputation, but not much presence in Europe.
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:35 pm

Les Paul Lover wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:14 pm
That's a shame..... one less player in the market. :(

Must say I've never seen one outside of the internet. Good reputation, but not much presence in Europe.
Yeah, they’re not hugely popular in Canada either although I’ve seen quite a few of the V3 amps around which sound quite good.I hope it’s not a trend. We have Traynor amps/Yorkville Sound in Canada which I think might be about the same level as Carvin. Make great amps, great prices that are made in Canada. Be a shame to see similar happen.

Hubaxe
Orange Expert

Post by Hubaxe » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:14 pm

ohh, sad news, the V3 are great amp, and it was the one in short list when I choose Orange.
I still own and play 2 tube amps from Carvin, a X60 and the famous QuadX+Tube100, and after more than 20 years of abuse, they are still working fine.
They are really poorly distributed in Europe (and when they have dealers, prices goes too high), and the recent possibility to buy direct from Europe arrived too late I guess.

ibanezfan1

Post by ibanezfan1 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:13 pm

Absolutely love my Legacy VL100 head. It's been my main gigging head for several years. Normally carry the CR-120 as a backup - but it could easily cover any gig I play if needed :). Bodie

Before my PRS - need to do a new group shot.