Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Invin
Orange Hero

NGD Charvel San Dimas Style 2

Post by Invin » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:01 pm

Demo video through Orange TH30: https://youtu.be/Oj4231Mb1L4

Full model name: Pro-Mod San Dimas Style 2 HH HT Natural Ash

My wish list was as follows: Hardtail, natural wood finish, Seymour Duncan JB/59, coil tap, locking tuners, and a fast neck. I wanted something versatile and unique with a performance-first design. After trying out some other Charvels in store I felt confident ordering this one in, and I'm glad I did!

First impressions:

- Very light. Lighter than my Eclipse.
- A lot of neck dive when worn low. Shortening my guitar strap brought everything into balance again.
- Incredibly comfortable and smooth neck. Round enough at the nut for chording and wonderfully fast at the upper frets.
- Input jack is tucked away in the back and angled down. Very odd angle, but it's secure, out of the way, and I'm growing to like it.
- I find myself wishing the pickup switch was aligned more vertically, but that's only because I'm used to the one on my Eclipse.
- Middle position with coil tap engaged sounds incredible clean. I'm really loving the added versatility.
- Neck bow was easily adjusted with a screwdriver. Turned very easily and allowed me to get rid of the fret buzz I had in the factory setup.
TH 30
Eminence Wizard & Governor 2x12
ESP Eclipse II JB/'59, Charvel San Dimas Style 2 JB/'59
Tomkat Bender, TU-2, Crybaby Mini, Palisades, Xotic RC, Euphoria, MVP, Sentry, Blue Sky, Grand Orbiter V2, Timeline, Alter Ego, Dispatch Master, Ditto X2

Hubaxe
Orange Expert

Re: NGD Charvel San Dimas Style 2

Post by Hubaxe » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:10 pm

Very nice guitar. I like those all clear wood axes.